What readers think of Inkheart, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

by Cornelia Funke

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke X
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

Oct 2003, 544 pages

Jun 2005, 560 pages

There are currently 113 reader reviews for Inkheart

Bob Zarate

8; I couldn't stop reading it!
I am a fifth grader, and I read this book whenever I could: in between classes, during recess ( that is saying something), after I ate my lunch, when I was waiting for my grandma to pick me up from carpool, and during weekends, when I could be watching TV. I might've been having lots of fun during the time I read this, but I decided I'd rather read Inkheart. I got an 100 on the AR test; I'd recommend the book for 8. There is violence and swearing, but I think any mature eight year old could take it.
Camy

Wow??
Its absolutely amazing and you should read it and I love it
saije

my favorite book
Not only is the story line and vocabulary marvelous, but the structure is also - where which a new exert from a random book is given at the top of every chapter.
Chelsey

I like this book
Avery

Inkheart
My favorite book series ever! I felt that I was in the book and it was amazing all the same!
Rebekah Miller

AWESOME
In the two days it took me to read the book I couldn't put it down not even for supper. I wish it had lasted me longer. It caught my attention on the first page and that is what books should do. I always read the first page before I ever get a book; if it does not get my attention then, I don' get it, so you are the best author ever!
a 10 year old female

Inkheart is amazing
I really enjoy the book and although I have not completed reading it yet, Inkheart has already reached my top 1 books. I can't wait to read Inkspell and Inkdeath. 2 of my friends and I often read the same book,s or the same series of books, or books from the same author, and we discuss our thoughts. we have not managed a proper conversation yet, but we all think that Inkheart is brilliant.
Michaela

miceykot@gmail.com
An excellent read for all ages. Cornelia's descriptions are breath taking in more than one way. I found this book very hard to put down.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Real Americans
    Real Americans
    by Rachel Khong
    Rachel Khong's sophomore novel Real Americans is an intergenerational saga that questions racial and...
  • Book Jacket: A Short Walk Through a Wide World
    A Short Walk Through a Wide World
    by Douglas Westerbeke
    From the very first page of A Short Walk Through a Wide World, debut novelist (and librarian!) ...
  • Book Jacket: The Swans of Harlem
    The Swans of Harlem
    by Karen Valby
    Journalist Karen Valby's first book, The Swans of Harlem, introduces readers to the little-known ...
  • Book Jacket: The Sicilian Inheritance
    The Sicilian Inheritance
    by Jo Piazza
    Sara Marsala is going through a rough patch, to say the least. In the process of divorcing from her ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Long After We Are Gone
by Terah Shelton Harris
After their father's death, four siblings rally to save their family home in this gripping and hopeful tale.

Members Recommend

This Strange Eventful History
    by Claire Messud

An immersive, masterful story of a family born on the wrong side of history.

There is no worse robber than a bad book.

R is a D B S C