Reader reviews and comments on Skeletons on the Zahara, plus links to write your own review.

Skeletons on the Zahara

Apr 2005, 385 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Skeletons on the Zahara

Walter Saunders (12/05/10)

Heartwarming and Encouraging
When I first started reading this book I found it a little slow. Though as I read through it I discovered a story full of challenges of character as well as encouraging and eye opening moments. After reading completely through this book I can see how this was one of Abraham Lincoln's childhood inspirations. This is a read you definitely will not want to miss.
Megan (12/24/09)

Don't care
Ok, so my class read this book & we all hated it. it was very boring & I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
rokzas (10/06/09)

boring and dry
About as dry for me as the Zahara itself. Not an attention grabber with very little that made me want to continue at all
Mathew Benton (03/10/04)

I would like to say that I have had a form of schizophrinia since 1988 called rapid thought and it knocked out my attention span. Ever since then all I could do is read. But in the last 17 years I have only read one other non-fiction book that has kept my attention span and interest so strong as Mr. Kings book " Skeletons on the Zahara". I have always wanted to read something that is true and this detainled but I never found it until now. I love the depth it goes into. After you read it you will get a little bit of a history lesson, some background info on plants and animals in the Zahara and etc. The book to me is very complete. It has even inspired me to take up a little spanish and maybe even learn a little easter tounge. I wish I could write the writer himself. If Mr. King reads this I would like to thank him for his writing.

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Home Sweet Home
    by April Smith

From the widely praised author of the FBI Special Agent Ana Grey series, a stunning novel set in the McCarthy era.

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

At times, our own light goes out, and is rekindled by a spark from another person.

K Your F C