Reader reviews and comments on Skeletons on the Zahara, plus links to write your own review.

Skeletons on the Zahara

Apr 2005, 385 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Skeletons on the Zahara

Walter Saunders

Heartwarming and Encouraging
When I first started reading this book I found it a little slow. Though as I read through it I discovered a story full of challenges of character as well as encouraging and eye opening moments. After reading completely through this book I can see how this was one of Abraham Lincoln's childhood inspirations. This is a read you definitely will not want to miss.
Mathew Benton

I would like to say that I have had a form of schizophrinia since 1988 called rapid thought and it knocked out my attention span. Ever since then all I could do is read. But in the last 17 years I have only read one other non-fiction book that has kept my attention span and interest so strong as Mr. Kings book " Skeletons on the Zahara". I have always wanted to read something that is true and this detainled but I never found it until now. I love the depth it goes into. After you read it you will get a little bit of a history lesson, some background info on plants and animals in the Zahara and etc. The book to me is very complete. It has even inspired me to take up a little spanish and maybe even learn a little easter tounge. I wish I could write the writer himself. If Mr. King reads this I would like to thank him for his writing.
rokzas

boring and dry
About as dry for me as the Zahara itself. Not an attention grabber with very little that made me want to continue at all
Megan

Don't care
Ok, so my class read this book & we all hated it. it was very boring & I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund