What readers think of The Lady and the Unicorn, plus links to write your own review.

The Lady and the Unicorn

Jan 2005, 256 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Lady and the Unicorn

Darmanian Le'Phayle

Le Paris C'ontre
DAR ABRAHAMOVICH! Magnificent! Splendid! The alliteration can't be beaten! The imagination blows one's mind! Everyone has to read this.
Charlie

This is a great book.I loved it from the start to the finish. In fact it was so good, I couldn't wait for lunch times to come round or to get home from work, so that I could pick up the book and get submerged once again in this 15th century medieval story. The rogue artist (Nicolas des Innocents) gets tangled in various relationships whilst the creation of some gorgeous tapestries (designed by Nicholas) for the nobleman Jean Le Viste are being created. This is a superb story with great characters, and definitely one of the best books I have read. Even when you have finished this book the characters stay with you. Wonderful! I cannot wait until I can get hold of another Tracy Chevalier book.
BookBrowse

BookBrowse.com - Davina
This is a delightful, engrossing story that educates as it entertains. A must read for anyone who enjoys historical fiction at its finest.
Jacky LORETTE

Mary Tudor - Suffolk, the mysterious Lady of The Lady and the Unicorn ?
Mary Tudor - Suffolk, the mysterious Lady of The Lady and the Unicorn ?

You will see, with The Lady and the Unicorn, we are far from the simple interpretation usually known of the Five Senses !

The tapestries of The Lady and the Unicorn were woven for Antoine Le Viste, perhaps in Brussels, Tournai or Bruges. They can be the work of the painter Jean Perreal, known as Jehan of Paris. The mysterious Lady is Mary Tudor, third wife of Louis XII and sister of Henry VIII, who was the Queen of France from August to December 1514. The second woman is Claude of France, wife of François 1st. The six tapestries, currently visible in the Museum of the Middle Ages and the Thermal Baths of Cluny in Paris, are part of a series of eight tapestries, and tell various episodes of Mary's life in France.
veronica

This is the third book of Tracy Chevalier's that I've read and I've loved all of them. (Girl With a Pearl Earring and Falling Angels) She has such a unique writing style. I highly recommend her books!
Anisa

I find it a very interesting book

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Winter in Sokcho
    Winter in Sokcho
    by Elisa Dusapin
    Our unnamed narrator is a young French-Korean woman who works at a guest house in Sokcho, a popular ...
  • Book Jacket: Second Place
    Second Place
    by Rachel Cusk
    Rachel Cusk's Outline trilogy drew much of its substance from monologues and dialogues that swirled ...
  • Book Jacket: The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson
    The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman is the comedic debut novel of writer Julietta Henderson. It ...
  • Book Jacket: In Search of a Kingdom
    In Search of a Kingdom
    by Laurence Bergreen
    The Age of Exploration in the early modern period, lasting roughly from the 15th through 16th ...

The Girl in His Shadow
by Audrey Blake
The story of one woman who believed in scientific medicine before the world believed in her.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all.

A S I T closet