What readers think of The Lady and the Unicorn, plus links to write your own review.

The Lady and the Unicorn

Jan 2005, 256 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Lady and the Unicorn

Darmanian Le'Phayle

Le Paris C'ontre
DAR ABRAHAMOVICH! Magnificent! Splendid! The alliteration can't be beaten! The imagination blows one's mind! Everyone has to read this.
Charlie

This is a great book.I loved it from the start to the finish. In fact it was so good, I couldn't wait for lunch times to come round or to get home from work, so that I could pick up the book and get submerged once again in this 15th century medieval story. The rogue artist (Nicolas des Innocents) gets tangled in various relationships whilst the creation of some gorgeous tapestries (designed by Nicholas) for the nobleman Jean Le Viste are being created. This is a superb story with great characters, and definitely one of the best books I have read. Even when you have finished this book the characters stay with you. Wonderful! I cannot wait until I can get hold of another Tracy Chevalier book.
BookBrowse

BookBrowse.com - Davina
This is a delightful, engrossing story that educates as it entertains. A must read for anyone who enjoys historical fiction at its finest.
Jacky LORETTE

Mary Tudor - Suffolk, the mysterious Lady of The Lady and the Unicorn ?
Mary Tudor - Suffolk, the mysterious Lady of The Lady and the Unicorn ?

You will see, with The Lady and the Unicorn, we are far from the simple interpretation usually known of the Five Senses !

The tapestries of The Lady and the Unicorn were woven for Antoine Le Viste, perhaps in Brussels, Tournai or Bruges. They can be the work of the painter Jean Perreal, known as Jehan of Paris. The mysterious Lady is Mary Tudor, third wife of Louis XII and sister of Henry VIII, who was the Queen of France from August to December 1514. The second woman is Claude of France, wife of François 1st. The six tapestries, currently visible in the Museum of the Middle Ages and the Thermal Baths of Cluny in Paris, are part of a series of eight tapestries, and tell various episodes of Mary's life in France.
veronica

This is the third book of Tracy Chevalier's that I've read and I've loved all of them. (Girl With a Pearl Earring and Falling Angels) She has such a unique writing style. I highly recommend her books!
Anisa

I find it a very interesting book

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Women of Troy
    The Women of Troy
    by Pat Barker
    Set in the liminal days following the Trojan War, The Women of Troy follows Briseis, who the reader ...
  • Book Jacket: The Magician
    The Magician
    by Colm Toibin
    Thomas Mann — the subject of this biographical novel by Colm Tóibín — is ...
  • Book Jacket: Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    by Anthony Doerr
    Anthony Doerr's Cloud Cuckoo Land may be even more remarkable than his Pulitzer-prize winning work ...
  • Book Jacket: The Turnout
    The Turnout
    by Megan Abbott
    'We grew up together,' Dara finally repeated. But Marie only looked at her and said quietly, '...

Morningside Heights
by Joshua Henkin
A tender and big-hearted novel about love in the face of loss, from the award-winning author of The World Without You.

Flesh & Blood
    by N. West Moss

This beautifully written memoir offers insight, understanding, and joy.

Win This Book!
Win Sisters of the Great War

Sisters of the Great War by Suzanne Feldman

A powerful novel of two unconventional American sisters who volunteer at the front during World War I.

L Said, S M