Reader reviews and comments on A Pirate Looks at Fifty, plus links to write your own review.

A Pirate Looks at Fifty

by Jimmy Buffett

A Pirate Looks at Fifty by Jimmy Buffett

Jul 1998, 420 pages
    May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for A Pirate Looks at Fifty

Nanette

A Pirate Looks at Fifty
Light reading. I found it humorous, philosophical, and downright interesting true stories.
Wren J.Harper,Jr.

"A Pirate Looks at Fifty" is a work I wish I had read when I turned 50 (some four years ago). I too love the Caribbean and not only found a wealth of information in the book regarding some new sites to consider traveling to, but more importantly, Mr. Buffett has written a book which speaks to the passage of life, how precious it is, and how each moment should be used to its fullest. I find myself now thinking about how many "Songlines" it takes to do something or ponder an issue.

Jimmy Buffett is a truly gifted writer and I truly look forward to his next work.
Ms CJ

Something different
I enjoyed the unusual writing style of JB. It can feel a bit scatterbrained, but in the end a very enjoyable read.

• Book Jacket: Rebellion
    by E Lockhart
  • Book Jacket: Jumping at Shadows
    Jumping at Shadows
    by Sasha Abramsky
    In September 2015, fourteen-year old Ahmed Mohamed was thrust into the national spotlight when the ...

Being Mortal by Atul Gawande

The Twelve-Mile Straight
    by Eleanor Henderson

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E