Reader reviews and comments on A Pirate Looks at Fifty, plus links to write your own review.

A Pirate Looks at Fifty

May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for A Pirate Looks at Fifty

Nanette

A Pirate Looks at Fifty
Light reading. I found it humorous, philosophical, and downright interesting true stories.
Wren J.Harper,Jr.

"A Pirate Looks at Fifty" is a work I wish I had read when I turned 50 (some four years ago). I too love the Caribbean and not only found a wealth of information in the book regarding some new sites to consider traveling to, but more importantly, Mr. Buffett has written a book which speaks to the passage of life, how precious it is, and how each moment should be used to its fullest. I find myself now thinking about how many "Songlines" it takes to do something or ponder an issue.

Jimmy Buffett is a truly gifted writer and I truly look forward to his next work.
Ms CJ

Something different
I enjoyed the unusual writing style of JB. It can feel a bit scatterbrained, but in the end a very enjoyable read.

• Book Jacket: Timekeepers
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

Next Year in Havana
    by Chanel Cleeton

a Cuban-American woman travels to Havana, where she finds a family secret hidden since the revolution.

Force of Nature
    by Jane Harper

A riveting, tension-driven thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of The Dry.

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P