Reader reviews and comments on A Pirate Looks at Fifty, plus links to write your own review.

A Pirate Looks at Fifty

by Jimmy Buffett

A Pirate Looks at Fifty by Jimmy Buffett

Jul 1998, 420 pages
    May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for A Pirate Looks at Fifty

Nanette (04/17/15)

A Pirate Looks at Fifty
Light reading. I found it humorous, philosophical, and downright interesting true stories.
Ms CJ (03/10/07)

Something different
I enjoyed the unusual writing style of JB. It can feel a bit scatterbrained, but in the end a very enjoyable read.
Wren J.Harper,Jr. (08/05/03)

"A Pirate Looks at Fifty" is a work I wish I had read when I turned 50 (some four years ago). I too love the Caribbean and not only found a wealth of information in the book regarding some new sites to consider traveling to, but more importantly, Mr. Buffett has written a book which speaks to the passage of life, how precious it is, and how each moment should be used to its fullest. I find myself now thinking about how many "Songlines" it takes to do something or ponder an issue.

Jimmy Buffett is a truly gifted writer and I truly look forward to his next work.

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

When all think alike, no one thinks very much

K Your F C