MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on A Pirate Looks at Fifty, plus links to write your own review.

by Jimmy Buffett

Jul 1998, 420 pages
    May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for A Pirate Looks at Fifty

Nanette (04/17/15)

A Pirate Looks at Fifty
Light reading. I found it humorous, philosophical, and downright interesting true stories.
Ms CJ (03/10/07)

Something different
I enjoyed the unusual writing style of JB. It can feel a bit scatterbrained, but in the end a very enjoyable read.
Wren J.Harper,Jr. (08/05/03)

"A Pirate Looks at Fifty" is a work I wish I had read when I turned 50 (some four years ago). I too love the Caribbean and not only found a wealth of information in the book regarding some new sites to consider traveling to, but more importantly, Mr. Buffett has written a book which speaks to the passage of life, how precious it is, and how each moment should be used to its fullest. I find myself now thinking about how many "Songlines" it takes to do something or ponder an issue.

Jimmy Buffett is a truly gifted writer and I truly look forward to his next work.

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk

by Simon Tolkien

• Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages