Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022

What readers think of Uniform Justice, plus links to write your own review.

Uniform Justice

Aug 2003, 259 pages

Apr 2004, 320 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Uniform Justice

Bill Hobbs

Donna Leon is simply among the best and her 13th Commissario Guido Brunetti novel is excellent. Her series is always set in Venice and this American-born expatriot seems to capture the essence of The Pearl of the Adriatic with her mesmerizing police procedural stories.

In "Doctored Evidence" we find Leon's team of police inspectors picking up on a case that had been "solved" while Brunetti was away on vacation. When he comes back, in reviewing the case, something doesn't seem right--and of course it isn't--and we go from there.

Once again, Leon takes a strong story and fills it in with modern Italian commentary and brilliantly created characters. Her novels are, indeed, moving experiences. The first in the series is "Death at La Fenice," although one doesn't have to read them in order. Whatever--Leon's a great read! "Doctored Evidence" simply fits into the "Great Leon" category.
BookBrowse

This author is new to me. I just read about her in your latest newsletter & intend to try her series. I went on a search discover to the first book in the series and came across this website. It's not as personal as most authors' own websites, but it's better than nothing. http://www.groveatlantic.com/leon/author.htm

This website: http://www.phys.uni-paderborn.de/~stern/leon/ might help someone who wanted to start in the middle of the series.

Thanks for all you do!
Becky Wreyford

I received this message as an email from Becky but thinking it might be of interest to other visitors, am posting it here in the BookBrowse forums - Davina, BookBrowse.com

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

Bewilderment
    by Richard Powers
    In 2019, Richard Powers won the Pulitzer Prize for The Overstory, a sprawling novel whose characters...
  • Book Jacket: I'm the Girl
    I'm the Girl
    by Courtney Summers
    YA author Courtney Summers doesn't believe in shielding her teenage readers from the world's darkest...
  • Book Jacket: They're Going to Love You
    by Isaac Blum

Members Recommend

The Family Izquierdo
    by Rubén Degollado

A masterful debut that weaves together the lives of three generations of a Mexican American family bound by love, and a curse.

W N, W Not