What readers think of The Murder Room, plus links to write your own review.

The Murder Room

by P.D. James

The Murder Room by P.D. James X
The Murder Room by P.D. James

Nov 2003, 432 pages

Nov 2004, 432 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Murder Room

Ann

This is the first book I have read by the author. It was suspenseful and as I got more into the book I couldn't put it down. I would like to read more of her books. I can't believe that she is 83 years old. Wow that is great for a writer.
emi

great book, strong characterisation and a surprising motive for murder. but hte first 200 pages were slow moving, filled with new characters, whcih could be tohught of as essential to the uncovering of the suspects, or equally, as boring and pontlesss. but overall, i enjoyed reading this book, and would recommend it as a fairly light read .
Carol P

It was much to literary for too long. The last two chapters moved along and provided interest. The rest of the book was too slow--a yawn.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...
  • Book Jacket: All the Lonely People
    All the Lonely People
    by Mike Gayle
    Mike Gayle's charming novel All the Lonely People introduces us to Hubert Bird, an 82-year-old ...
  • Book Jacket: Perish
    Perish
    by LaToya Watkins
    It's a commonly cited fact that many perpetrators of sexual abuse, particularly men, are victims of ...
  • Book Jacket: Afterlives
    Afterlives
    by Abdulrazak Gurnah
    Afterlives, from Nobel Prize winner Abdulrazak Gurnah, begins in late 19th century East Africa in ...

The Ways We Hide
by Kristina McMorris

Members Recommend

Natural History
    by Andrea Barrett

The Family Izquierdo
    by Rubén Degollado

A masterful debut that weaves together the lives of three generations of a Mexican American family bound by love, and a curse.

It was one of the worst speeches I ever heard ... when a simple apology was all that was required.

Y Can't G H A