What readers think of Blow Fly, plus links to write your own review.

Blow Fly

by Patricia Cornwell

Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell X
Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell

Oct 2003, 480 pages
    Sep 2004, 480 pages

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Blow Fly

Chris Frail 43

I have read every book Patrice Cornwell has written and enjoyed them all. But I don't believe that she had written Blow Fly. The story was a build up to nothing. What did she do? Were there too many pages so she just cut out what happened to two main characters? The action in the swamp was even cut short in my opinion. Then to have a character say he " killed" another character without the author writing anything about it! I felt cheated after reading this story. If this is a sample of books to come, I’m not sure if I will read anything else from Patricia Cornwell. I know one thing, I will wait for the paperback copy from now on.
PhyllisC

I think a computer must have written this book. How many times can these characters return? How long can this book's ending be milked? How many loose ends can a once-enthralling author leave us with? I listened to the book on tape and through the reader's interpretation, it was impossible to relate to any of the characters. When you listen to this book, you realize how ridiculously stupid and simplic the dialog is and how spiteful and egotistical all of the characters are. This book is a big fat disappointment and I'm glad the expense of this book belongs to my library and not to me.
Angie

What a horrible piece of writing from Cornwell. I loved all of her other Scarpetta novels - especially the early ones because they did an incredible job of leading you through the process of solving a crime from the forensic and detective point of view...Blow Fly has very little of this. Scarpetta has turned into a truely unbelieveable character, one that I have learned to dislike. I can't believe she brought back a character that died in the last novel -- so soap opera-ish -- and of course 'super' Lucy is always right there, guns-a-blazen'.
Cornwell should stick to the stuff that made her earlier books good, the details of the crime. Except for the blood, gore, and phyco babble -- I thought I was reading a really bad Danielle Steel novel.
This is not even worth the time reading, even for die-hard Cornwall fans. Just ask someone what happens, and save yourself the agony of reading it. I hope a ghost writer was responsible for this waste of time, and Cornwell will write the next one with the fire of her first few Scarpetta novels.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: How the Word Is Passed
    How the Word Is Passed
    by Clint Smith
    With legislatures around the U.S. rushing to ban the teaching of critical race theory, it's clear ...
  • Book Jacket: Big Vape
    Big Vape
    by Jamie Ducharme
    In Big Vape, TIME reporter Jamie Ducharme studies the short but inflammatory history of Juul. Her ...
  • Book Jacket: Love and Fury
    Love and Fury
    by Samantha Silva
    Mary Wollstonecraft is best known for being an early advocate for women's rights and the mother of ...
  • Book Jacket: Walking on Cowrie Shells
    Walking on Cowrie Shells
    by Nana Nkweti
    The stories in Nana Nkweti's dexterous debut collection examine the raw alienation of being ...

The War Nurse
by Tracey Enerson Wood
A sweeping novel by an international bestselling author based on a true World War I story.

The Personal Librarian
    by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray

The little-known story of an extraordinary woman who defies all odds.

Lady Sunshine
    by Amy Mason Doan

One iconic family. One summer of secrets. The dazzling spirit of 1970s California.

Win This Book!
Win Gordo

Gordo by Jaime Cortez

"Dark and hilarious ... singular and soaring ... Hands down, top debut of 2021."—Literary Hub

N Say N