Reader reviews and comments on Blow Fly, plus links to write your own review.

Blow Fly

by Patricia Cornwell

Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell X
Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell

Oct 2003, 480 pages
    Sep 2004, 480 pages

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Blow Fly

Chris Frail 43

I have read every book Patrice Cornwell has written and enjoyed them all. But I don't believe that she had written Blow Fly. The story was a build up to nothing. What did she do? Were there too many pages so she just cut out what happened to two main characters? The action in the swamp was even cut short in my opinion. Then to have a character say he " killed" another character without the author writing anything about it! I felt cheated after reading this story. If this is a sample of books to come, I’m not sure if I will read anything else from Patricia Cornwell. I know one thing, I will wait for the paperback copy from now on.
PhyllisC

I think a computer must have written this book. How many times can these characters return? How long can this book's ending be milked? How many loose ends can a once-enthralling author leave us with? I listened to the book on tape and through the reader's interpretation, it was impossible to relate to any of the characters. When you listen to this book, you realize how ridiculously stupid and simplic the dialog is and how spiteful and egotistical all of the characters are. This book is a big fat disappointment and I'm glad the expense of this book belongs to my library and not to me.
Angie

What a horrible piece of writing from Cornwell. I loved all of her other Scarpetta novels - especially the early ones because they did an incredible job of leading you through the process of solving a crime from the forensic and detective point of view...Blow Fly has very little of this. Scarpetta has turned into a truely unbelieveable character, one that I have learned to dislike. I can't believe she brought back a character that died in the last novel -- so soap opera-ish -- and of course 'super' Lucy is always right there, guns-a-blazen'.
Cornwell should stick to the stuff that made her earlier books good, the details of the crime. Except for the blood, gore, and phyco babble -- I thought I was reading a really bad Danielle Steel novel.
This is not even worth the time reading, even for die-hard Cornwall fans. Just ask someone what happens, and save yourself the agony of reading it. I hope a ghost writer was responsible for this waste of time, and Cornwell will write the next one with the fire of her first few Scarpetta novels.

• Book Jacket: The World Doesn't Require You
    The World Doesn't Require You
    by Rion Amilcar Scott
    You can't move for young authors being marketed as "unique," "bold" and "visionary" these days. So ...
  • Book Jacket: The Long Call
    The Long Call
    by Ann Cleeves
    Penning a great murder mystery seems like it would be particularly challenging. The story often fits...
  • Book Jacket: The Liar
    The Liar
    by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen
    The Liar is a book that will make its readers uncomfortable by design; set in modern-day Israel, it ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dutch House
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

There are a few times in life when you leap up and the past that you'd been standing on falls away ...

Motherhood So White
    by Nefertiti Austin

A heartwarming memoir of motherhood and adoption told through an African American lens.

The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste

"A brilliant novel, lyrically lifting history towards myth. It's also compulsively readable."
    —Salman Rushdie

Win The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

An enchanting story for fans of The Little Paris Bookshop and The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

L, Damn L, A S