Reader reviews and comments on Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea, plus links to write your own review.

Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea

Why the Greeks Matter

by Thomas Cahill

Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea by Thomas Cahill

Oct 2003, 320 pages
    Jul 2004, 352 pages

There is 1 reader review for Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea

Anonymous (12/07/03)

This book was a help to me, in putting into clearer perspective the Greek portion of the Western Civilization courses that I took in school. Since I have a little knowledge of the Greek langauge, but not enough to read his poems in the original, Cahill's usage of fresh translations of Homer's poem was particularly helpful in my appreciation of the poet's work.

• Book Jacket: All Our Wrong Todays

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Courage - a perfect sensibility of the measure of danger, and a mental willingness to endure it.

O My D B