What readers think of Mountains Beyond Mountains, plus links to write your own review.

Mountains Beyond Mountains

Aug 2004, 336 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Mountains Beyond Mountains

Tdunk/Tdiz

The Big Stanky/Mountains Beyond Mountains
The book was not good I'm not going to lie. There was nothing exciting at all about the book and I would rather watch the grass grow.
Em

Not as great of a book as people are saying
I found this book very repetitive and not interesting. Its amazing what Farmer this book does not do his story justice. Kidders writing is drawn out and some points made in the book were pointless. I did not like the book.
Ariel

Terrible
I thought this was the most mundane dull book I've ever read. Although Paul Farmer seems to be an extroadinary man, I found the book impossible to get through and absolutely terrible. I though the story line went nowhere and it literally put me to sleep on several occasions.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Monkey Boy
    Monkey Boy
    by Francisco Goldman
    Francisco Goldman's Monkey Boy exists in the liminal space between memoir and fiction. Like Goldman ...
  • Book Jacket: The Girl in His Shadow
    The Girl in His Shadow
    by Audrey Blake
    The Girl in His Shadow by Audrey Blake is a fast-paced historical novel set in Victorian-era England...
  • Book Jacket: Whereabouts
    Whereabouts
    by Jhumpa Lahiri
    Jhumpa Lahiri's Whereabouts has seen numerous comparisons to Second Place by Rachel Cusk. These two ...
  • Book Jacket: Swimming Back to Trout River
    Swimming Back to Trout River
    by Linda Rui Feng
    Linda Rui Feng's first novel, Swimming Back to Trout River, is a powerful meditation on the ties ...

The Book of Lost Names
by Kristin Harmel
A heartrending novel of survival, inspired by an astonishing true story from World War II.

Morningside Heights
    by Joshua Henkin

A tender and big-hearted novel about love in the face of loss, from the award-winning author of The World Without You.

Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering.

H I T Best P