Reader reviews and comments on The Fortress of Solitude, plus links to write your own review.

The Fortress of Solitude

by Jonathan Lethem

The Fortress of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem X
The Fortress of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem

Sep 2003, 528 pages
    Aug 2004, 560 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Fortress of Solitude

Dan Salmon

Something about the raw honesty of this book, its willingness to explore the flaws and strengths of ALL of it's key characters, it's ability to explain these character flaws, biographically, without necessarily excusing them, or even judging them (morally or ethically), the humour, the pathos and the incredible mixture of knowledge, love, affection, fear and loathing the main character (and thus to a certain extent the author) combined to make it one of the most engaging, thoughtprovoking and emotional reads I have had for a long time.
At a time when most of the world is in a spin, literature seems to be making a comeback. I have read a number of fantastic books by author's of my (under 40) generation in the past year. As my shocked laughter near the end of the book turned quickly to wracking sobs, i took comfort in the fact that literature truly is again becoming one of the few relevant artforms to reflect the contemporary human experience.

Yay!

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Comedown