Reader reviews and comments on The Known World, plus links to write your own review.

The Known World

by Edward P. Jones

The Known World by Edward P. Jones X
The Known World by Edward P. Jones

Aug 2003, 400 pages
    May 2004, 416 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Known World

Reader

A difficult read, but well worth the effort
"The Known World" has a discursive, character driven storyline. It is challenging to read, but its exploration of timeless themes makes it well worth the effort. At times I nearly put it down, but keep reading! You will be glad you did, because reading this book is an enriching experience.
Carolyn Cheverine

A Known World
I enjoyed this book immensely though there are some disturbing parts. The writing style was a little disjointed as the writer would jump back and forth in periods but that also added to the story. In fact, the way he wrote the book it seemed more like a true story than a work of fiction. This book raised a lot of discussion at our book club, especially since many people had no idea that blacks owned slaves. I do recommend this book.
Kay Adams-Fleig

The storyline was interesting but the writing made reading the story laborius. I started to skim through chapters and then gave up.

• Book Jacket: A Death of No Importance
    A Death of No Importance
    by Mariah Fredericks
    Bringing the reader deep into the intrigue and privilege of the most elite boudoirs, A Death of No ...
  • Book Jacket: The Overstory
    by Ruth Fitzmaurice

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes