Reader reviews and comments on The Century, plus links to write your own review.

The Century by Peter Jennings, Todd Brewster

• Published:
    Nov 1998, 608 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Century

sv (04/01/02)

this book has been very helpful for school history projects.
Anonymous (08/12/01)

Gabriella Hafner
I have had the opportunity to read most of the book in question. The overall writing style and the entire design of the book was to my liking. However, the authors of the book have forgotten one very important thing. They have forgotten to state in the beginning, or the end of the book, that "THIS BOOK CONTAINS THE AUTHORS' PERSONAL INTERPRETATION OF THE CENTURY'S HISTORY". Important historical facts were omitted or simply incorrectly explained. I would under NO circumstances give this book to my child or grandchild to learn about our century's history. It is extremely irresponsible to publish a book about anything that relates to history which does not correctly state the facts or misinterprets some facts. In summary, the outside is appealing but the contents are quite shallow and misleading.

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Y S M B, I'll S Y