Reader reviews and comments on Second Glance, plus links to write your own review.

Second Glance

by Jodi Picoult

Second Glance by Jodi Picoult

Apr 2003, 425 pages
    Mar 2004, 448 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Second Glance

purpleskin (02/20/10)

second glance- a must read
I read this quite some time ago, but the plot and the story as well as the characters are still ingrained in my mind. I can still remember every little detail- that is how much I love this book.

It has romance for those romantic hearts and mystery for those who like being kept on their toes. The story keeps you guessing and questioning yourself about what will happen and what you know. its my favourite out of all Picoult's work.

This is definitely a must read.
kim jonas (08/30/08)

not my most favorite
I am an avid reader across all genres but this one I had to really force myself to finish. The reason why I picked this book up was because of My Sisters Keeper (somber, yet extraordinarily compelling) by same author.

I am a huge fan of the supernatural, ghosts etc. and yet this had so much (supernatural stuff) in it, it got to be really really hokey.

It had a lot of characters with strange names to keep straight and jumped around a lot...you don't want to do a lot of putting down and picking up with this novel.

There is no doubt that Picoult did an inordinate amount of research with the book and some of it's topics are based on strong foundations in reality...but she needs to research/read or watch more supernatural/sci fi/ghost hunting (Chris Carter; X Files) in order to use it in a more compelling and believable manner...it came off really silly.
Power Reviewer Melissa (02/12/07)

History repeats itself?
This was a book club selection for our group and it was an overwhelming favorite! Not only the story line of romance and mystery, but the controversial subject of eugenics. The book not only provided many great quotes we cited too, but there were very intelligent discussions on such current issues of genetic testing, genetic predetermination, fate, etc. Jodi does such a great job of writing a story around such intense subjects that you can approach the subject with a more open mind then you anticipate which, it the case of a book club, lead to very intellectual versus argumentative discussions.
Julianna (10/13/03)

This book is great !!!!!!!!! I love it ..its sooo great !!!!!!!!! I'm going to do a book report on it for school .....i've already got a few people wodering "what happens next?" hehehe ...its a great wonderful book ....i've read it twice already...Jodi is a brilliant writer ..too bad there was no room or anything to make a sequel ....i know ..going a lil head of myself ..but thats how good it is, you just want more !!!!

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Idealism increases in direct proportion to ones distance from the problem.

K Your F C