Reader reviews and comments on Dark Star Safari, plus links to write your own review.

Dark Star Safari

Apr 2004, 496 pages

There is 1 reader review for Dark Star Safari

kyoozoo (03/26/06)

Another Theroux-ly good book
Politically incorrect but very fair, as usual for Theroux. People are what this book is all about, and Theroux is thrilled to bits to be around them, any of them, so he can poke, prod, discuss, listen, love them all, begrudgingly sometimes. Another very fun adventure tale for deep thinkers, another witty but serious expose (can't put the accent on the final E of EXPOSE on my computer) of what makes Africa tick and not tick, and of those non-Africans who profess to be trying to help.

• Book Jacket: All Our Wrong Todays

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

I am what the librarians have made me with a little assistance from a professor of Greek and a few poets

O My D B