Reader reviews and comments on Bay of Souls, plus links to write your own review.

Bay of Souls

by Robert Stone

Bay of Souls by Robert Stone X
Bay of Souls by Robert Stone

Apr 2003, 256 pages
    Jun 2004, 272 pages

There is 1 reader review for Bay of Souls

jpj

Until Bay of Souls, I've only read Dog Soldiers by Stone, but keep meaning to read other things. The bulk of his books are about characters involved in political situations from the the news today. With the exception of the book about the guy who goes sailing I think... Stone is a decent writer who still has his chops, but this book seems like it was lacking inspiration. Also, some of the plot seems unreal, ie he basically leaves his wife to travel to another country because another professor has the hots for him. Ok but while he's in that country he doesn't once phone in to speak with his wife or seem to worried about it. Poor editing. I finished the book, and most of the scenes came alive and the characters were interesting, but it lacked that special something. Autopilot. A 4 is generous.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

Where the Light Enters
by Sara Donati

An enthralling epic about two trailblazing female doctors in 19th century New York.

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R