MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Shutter Island, plus links to write your own review.

Shutter Island

Apr 2004, 416 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for Shutter Island

Straberry

Why i like it so much
This movie is by far my favorite of all times, the director of it is a genius! it plays with our minds at first and i like that because it builds suspense. I highly recommend everyone to watch it, you will not regret it.
Raffie

Wonderful story!!
Shutter Island is one of the best book I have ever read in my life (and I have been averaging a book every two-three days for 33 years now). The characters are so real the reader feels for them; the plot is magnificent; the end is unpredictable and ties everything up beautifully. I enjoyed this book so much I will recommend it to friends and family. If you want a book that will stay with you long after reading the last page, go for Shutter Island! You won't be disappointed. =)
sandee

great read
I loved this book. I'm not sure about the ending. Was Teddy crazy or did the island make him crazy?
Timmy O

This was a great one! I couldn't put it down and finished it in one day. Wow!
Franny

Wow! I loved this book. I can't stop thinking about it. It's different than what I'm use to. I liked the ending, especially the fact that there is no ending! I can't stop thinking about this book. It's kinda freaking me out. I hear it's going to be a movie, but the Hollywood folk don't like the ending. Of course they don't. The author wants to challenge us. Hollywood wants us to be drones.
SandyA

This book is outstanding. It is difficult to review without giving away crucial details, but the protaganist of the story is unlike any other in fiction. He is a strong man, physically and in his convictions, and, it would seem, a model citizen to whom cruel twists of fate have disrupted his life and his happiness. Read on and prepare to be astounded.
Megan

I thought that this book was interesting and suspensful. I would recomend it to anyone who wants a quick read that will leave you baffled at the end.

• Book Jacket: Crossings
    Crossings
    by Alex Landragin
    Crossings is a beautiful, if slightly messy, time-bending debut. It reads like a vampire novel, sans...
  • Book Jacket: Pew
    Pew
    by Catherine Lacey
    A quote often attributed to Leo Tolstoy states that "All great literature is one of two stories; a ...
  • Book Jacket: Waiting for an Echo
    Waiting for an Echo
    by Christine Montross
    Dr. Christine Montross had been a practicing psychiatrist for nearly a decade when she decided to ...
    The Flight Portfolio
    by Julie Orringer
    At once a sweeping historical narrative, an insightful character study and a tender romance, Julie ...

He Started It
    by Samantha Downing

A new thriller from the twisted mind behind the mega hit My Lovely Wife.

With or Without You
    by Caroline Leavitt

A moving novel about twists of fate, the shifting terrain of love, and coming into your own.

The Last Flight
by Julie Clark

The story of two women and one agonizing decision that will change the trajectory of both of their lives.

Win Every Bone a Prayer

Every Bone a Prayer by Ashley Blooms

A beautifully honest exploration of healing and of hope.

T Real M