What readers think of Shutter Island, plus links to write your own review.

Shutter Island

Apr 2004, 416 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for Shutter Island

Straberry

Why i like it so much
This movie is by far my favorite of all times, the director of it is a genius! it plays with our minds at first and i like that because it builds suspense. I highly recommend everyone to watch it, you will not regret it.
Raffie

Wonderful story!!
Shutter Island is one of the best book I have ever read in my life (and I have been averaging a book every two-three days for 33 years now). The characters are so real the reader feels for them; the plot is magnificent; the end is unpredictable and ties everything up beautifully. I enjoyed this book so much I will recommend it to friends and family. If you want a book that will stay with you long after reading the last page, go for Shutter Island! You won't be disappointed. =)
sandee

great read
I loved this book. I'm not sure about the ending. Was Teddy crazy or did the island make him crazy?
Timmy O

This was a great one! I couldn't put it down and finished it in one day. Wow!
Franny

Wow! I loved this book. I can't stop thinking about it. It's different than what I'm use to. I liked the ending, especially the fact that there is no ending! I can't stop thinking about this book. It's kinda freaking me out. I hear it's going to be a movie, but the Hollywood folk don't like the ending. Of course they don't. The author wants to challenge us. Hollywood wants us to be drones.
SandyA

This book is outstanding. It is difficult to review without giving away crucial details, but the protaganist of the story is unlike any other in fiction. He is a strong man, physically and in his convictions, and, it would seem, a model citizen to whom cruel twists of fate have disrupted his life and his happiness. Read on and prepare to be astounded.
Megan

I thought that this book was interesting and suspensful. I would recomend it to anyone who wants a quick read that will leave you baffled at the end.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Code Breaker
    The Code Breaker
    by Walter Isaacson
    What makes humans human? It's a mystery that has inspired philosophers and driven scientific ...
  • Book Jacket: Genesis
    Genesis
    by Guido Tonelli
    Popular science books represent an important niche in non-fiction. They build a bridge between ...
  • Book Jacket: Buses Are a Comin'
    Buses Are a Comin'
    by Charles Person, Richard Rooker
    Charles Person was just 18 years old in 1961 when he became the youngest of the first wave of '...
  • Book Jacket: Firekeeper's Daughter
    Firekeeper's Daughter
    by Angeline Boulley
    Angeline Boulley's young adult novel Firekeeper's Daughter follows 18-year-old Daunis — ...

The Girl in His Shadow
by Audrey Blake
The story of one woman who believed in scientific medicine before the world believed in her.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

When an old man dies, a library burns to the ground.

A S I T closet