Reader reviews and comments on Stupid White Men, plus links to write your own review.

Stupid White Men

...and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!

by Michael Moore

Stupid White Men by Michael Moore

Feb 2002, 304 pages
    May 2004, 304 pages

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Stupid White Men

from a small state (07/29/03)

Non patriotic??? It's too bad Mr. Moore was complaining about the fact that President Bush was not elected by the people??? Bo Hoo!!! To the two other reviewers: Although I don't agree with your political standpoints, I refuse to make that part of the case as for why I did or did not enjoy a book. It seems to me that the last two reviews were written on a basis of dislike for an author that is anti current government and not on the book itself. Hey, I'm disappointed enough in Bush that I'm thinking of getting out of dodge(ie. moving to another country so that my tax dollars aren't paying for so many things that I find shockingly wrong, wrong, wrong), but that has very little to due with that fact that I thought "Stupid White Men" was mildly entertaining at best. It seemed to be writen poorly and I just can't take someone's word for it when they are spewing out "facts" without backing them up. On the other hand, while Moore could have been hoodwinking us, I highly doubt his lies or lack of truth will ever bring our once great nation to war.
May peace prevail........
Tekla (07/29/03)

I did not enjoy this book at all. This book seemed like one big complaint about basically... everything. Michael Moore is very disrespectful and even makes sarcastic comments about our capitalistic government. This is pretty bold in my opinion because if our government was a different system (socialist,etc.) he couldn't have published a book like this. Overall, Moore seems very spiteful and almost makes everything out to be a conspiracy against what he wants.
beth (07/28/03)

I felt this author was a non-patriotic, self absorbed my way or the highway sort of man. He talks of fairness and what he really wants is to change the laws. These laws that have held us together, he does not belive in the long practiced electorial college/votes because he feels that he has lost. He is a bat today and a mamal tomarrow. If his leader, "The real president" he likes to call him had actually won and anyone had debated weather or not it was so then his stance would have been completly differend on the issue. The college vote was put in place to protect the little guy from ( smaller populated states) from being stepped on.

• Book Jacket: The End of Eddy

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T's A S B Every M