Reader reviews and comments on Samurai William, plus links to write your own review.

Samurai William

Jan 2003, 368 pages
    Feb 2003, 416 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Samurai William

Alexander

I've just read this book, and was spell bound. I found it to be informative, providing the much needed historical context both from the the Japanese and European perspectives.

As one who has spent the last 20 years in Japan, I'd say this is a good guide to those looking for reasons why the Japanese behaved as they did in the "unfortunate incident" in the mid 20th C and will behave again in the 21st C and beyond if the chance arises.

Many cultural pointers all round.
Damien Noonan

What a fantastic book! Anyone who has a love of swashbuckling tales, sea faring, battle and medieval mindsets and cruelties of both English and Japanese peoples will relish this book. I was given the rare thrill of traveling alongside these bold adventures into lands unknown and unseen, feeling thier amazement wonder and horror at what they witnessed.
I cannot recomend Mr Miltons work enough. It is true history researched so thorughly as to read like a fictional novel, how i lament that my own history teachers had but a fraction of Mr Miltons skills in storytelling. It is a book which when finished makes one feel as if waken from a dream. I have since bought an read all four of Mr miltons books and greedly await his next.

• Book Jacket: Sunburn
    Sunburn
    by Laura Lippman
    Crime writer Laura Lippman is both prolific and versatile. After spending years as a reporter for ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us
    The Wife Between Us
    by Sarah Pekkanen, Greer Hendricks
    The Wife Between Us is an intriguing collaboration between first-time novelist Greer Hendricks and ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us