We are proud to announce that BookBrowse has won Platinum in the 2024 Modern Library Awards.

What readers think of Rescuing Patty Hearst, plus links to write your own review.

Rescuing Patty Hearst

Mar 2004, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Rescuing Patty Hearst

Sharon

Rescuing Patty Hearst
Awesome, I can't believe there are others who have gone through and survived the madness put upon them by a parent, I understand. I wish I could talk to Virginia.
thoby155

Rescuing Patty Hearst by Virginia Holman.

Just finished reading this and it was incredible!

I could relate to Gingie, having grown up in a family of 9 with my mother an undiagnosted manic depressive. The story of the author's life shows just how disruptive to a family mental illness can be.

I enjoyed the way the author switched from the present (2000) to her childhood memories.

Although you are left with the feeling things were worse, the author doesn't go into great desciptive detail. She is very respectful of her parents and and sister's privacy.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Atlas of Us
    The Atlas of Us
    by Kristin Dwyer
    Despite her name, Atlas James feels like she lacks a road map for her future. In the months since ...
  • Book Jacket: One Hour of Fervor
    One Hour of Fervor
    by Muriel Barbery
    Set during multiple decades across the turn of the 21st century, One Hour of Fervor follows Haru, a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Ascent
    The Ascent
    by Adam Plantinga
    Adam Plantinga's brilliant debut novel, The Ascent, introduces readers to former Detroit police ...
  • Book Jacket: The Curse of Pietro Houdini
    The Curse of Pietro Houdini
    by Derek B. Miller
    Derek B. Miller's sixth novel, The Curse of Pietro Houdini, opens in the town of Cassino, Italy, in ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Clytemnestra
by Costanza Casati
A feminist Greek retelling about the most notorious heroine of the ancient world and the events that forged her into a legendary queen.

Members Recommend

Help Wanted
    by Adelle Waldman

From the best-selling author of The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. comes a funny, eye-opening tale of work in contemporary America.

Strong Passions
    by Barbara Weisberg

Shocking revelations of a wife's adultery in 19th New York explode in an incendiary trial exposing the upper-crust and its secrets.

Win This Book
Win The Cleaner

The Cleaner
by Brandi Wells

Rarely has cubicle culture been depicted in such griminess or with such glee."
PW (starred review)