Reader reviews and comments on Rescuing Patty Hearst, plus links to write your own review.

Rescuing Patty Hearst

Mar 2004, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Rescuing Patty Hearst

Sharon

Rescuing Patty Hearst
Awesome, I can't believe there are others who have gone through and survived the madness put upon them by a parent, I understand. I wish I could talk to Virginia.
thoby155

Rescuing Patty Hearst by Virginia Holman.

Just finished reading this and it was incredible!

I could relate to Gingie, having grown up in a family of 9 with my mother an undiagnosted manic depressive. The story of the author's life shows just how disruptive to a family mental illness can be.

I enjoyed the way the author switched from the present (2000) to her childhood memories.

Although you are left with the feeling things were worse, the author doesn't go into great desciptive detail. She is very respectful of her parents and and sister's privacy.

• Book Jacket: The Overstory
    by Patricia Hampl

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes