Reader reviews and comments on Rescuing Patty Hearst, plus links to write your own review.

Rescuing Patty Hearst

Mar 2004, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Rescuing Patty Hearst

Sharon (02/06/09)

Rescuing Patty Hearst
Awesome, I can't believe there are others who have gone through and survived the madness put upon them by a parent, I understand. I wish I could talk to Virginia.
thoby155 (10/11/03)

Rescuing Patty Hearst by Virginia Holman.

Just finished reading this and it was incredible!

I could relate to Gingie, having grown up in a family of 9 with my mother an undiagnosted manic depressive. The story of the author's life shows just how disruptive to a family mental illness can be.

I enjoyed the way the author switched from the present (2000) to her childhood memories.

Although you are left with the feeling things were worse, the author doesn't go into great desciptive detail. She is very respectful of her parents and and sister's privacy.

• Book Jacket: Perfect Little World
    Perfect Little World
    by Kevin Wilson
    It might be the beginning of a tragic story: Izzy Poole falls in love with her mentally unstable ...
  • Book Jacket: Pachinko

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

The Typewriter's Tale
    by Michiel Heyns

A thought-provoking novel on love, art and life fully lived.

It is always darkest just before the day dawneth

K Your F C