Reader reviews and comments on The Confessor, plus links to write your own review.

The Confessor

by Daniel Silva

The Confessor by Daniel Silva X
The Confessor by Daniel Silva

Feb 2003, 400 pages
    Feb 2004, 416 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Confessor

kinkazzo

Very fast paced and interesting topic: of course, the Vatican has already gone through many an intrigue recently. Just think of the Masonic P2 scandal, the crack of the Banco Ambrosiano bank and the "suicide" of Vatican businessman Calvi under the Blackfriar Bridge in London...! And more, with Bishop Marcincus of Vatican Bank fame, now an exiled pastor of souls back in the States, and banker Sindona killed by a poisonous coffee whilst in jail... And so on and so forth.
So, Silva's novel is quite to the point.
What I cannot understand is why can't writers get foreign language dialogues right. They do all other research quite accurately, but not the foreign language! I wonder why... By coincidence, same happens in another book of similar import (ANGELS & DEMONS by Dan Brown , also a thriller on Vatican intrigues). In the specific case of THE CONFESSOR, whenever Italian is used, the words and/or spelling are mostly wrong. Pity: it would make it so much more real.

Ah well, can't be too picky...

A good novel all the same. Bravo Daniel! check the review
Dee Townsend

So why is it "politically correct" to attack the Roman Catholic church, even in fiction? It is a completley racist book, which seems to be most popular only against catholics.

I understand there are books written that the holocast never really happened! And people are appalled by such blatant lying. So they should receive this latest book of Daniel Silva.

All religions go through traumatic times, when we even had a Pope's illegitimate son become Pope, but this is a vitriolic attack on the church.

Is his next book going to be about how African Americans caused their own slavery? Or that the Jewish people were to blame for their own nearly annihilation. Visit the holocaust museum to see how the Jewish people of Europe suffered and then tell me who in the WORLD helped them

Age 70

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Watch Over Me
    Watch Over Me
    by Nina LaCour
    In the vast, kaleidoscopic multiverse of plot devices, one type that always pulls me right in is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Cold Millions
    The Cold Millions
    by Jess Walter
    Jess Walter's The Cold Millions centers around 16-year-old Rye Dolan and his 23-year-old brother Gig...
    The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste
    While reading The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste, I was reminded of the David Foster Wallace novel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Exiles
    The Exiles
    by Christina Baker Kline
    A young governess finds herself pregnant and in prison for theft and attempted murder. An Irish ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R