What readers think of The Confessor, plus links to write your own review.

The Confessor

by Daniel Silva

The Confessor by Daniel Silva X
The Confessor by Daniel Silva

Feb 2003, 400 pages

Feb 2004, 416 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Confessor

kinkazzo

Very fast paced and interesting topic: of course, the Vatican has already gone through many an intrigue recently. Just think of the Masonic P2 scandal, the crack of the Banco Ambrosiano bank and the "suicide" of Vatican businessman Calvi under the Blackfriar Bridge in London...! And more, with Bishop Marcincus of Vatican Bank fame, now an exiled pastor of souls back in the States, and banker Sindona killed by a poisonous coffee whilst in jail... And so on and so forth.
So, Silva's novel is quite to the point.
What I cannot understand is why can't writers get foreign language dialogues right. They do all other research quite accurately, but not the foreign language! I wonder why... By coincidence, same happens in another book of similar import (ANGELS & DEMONS by Dan Brown , also a thriller on Vatican intrigues). In the specific case of THE CONFESSOR, whenever Italian is used, the words and/or spelling are mostly wrong. Pity: it would make it so much more real.

Ah well, can't be too picky...

A good novel all the same. Bravo Daniel! check the review
Dee Townsend

So why is it "politically correct" to attack the Roman Catholic church, even in fiction? It is a completley racist book, which seems to be most popular only against catholics.

I understand there are books written that the holocast never really happened! And people are appalled by such blatant lying. So they should receive this latest book of Daniel Silva.

All religions go through traumatic times, when we even had a Pope's illegitimate son become Pope, but this is a vitriolic attack on the church.

Is his next book going to be about how African Americans caused their own slavery? Or that the Jewish people were to blame for their own nearly annihilation. Visit the holocaust museum to see how the Jewish people of Europe suffered and then tell me who in the WORLD helped them

Age 70

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...
  • Book Jacket: All the Lonely People
    All the Lonely People
    by Mike Gayle
    Mike Gayle's charming novel All the Lonely People introduces us to Hubert Bird, an 82-year-old ...
  • Book Jacket: Perish
    Perish
    by LaToya Watkins
    It's a commonly cited fact that many perpetrators of sexual abuse, particularly men, are victims of ...

The Ways We Hide