Reader reviews and comments on Forever, plus links to write your own review.

Forever

by Pete Hamill

Forever by Pete Hamill X
Forever by Pete Hamill

Dec 2002, 320 pages
    Nov 2003, 640 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Forever

Cheryl

A great read! A novel twisted with much historical fact...I only wish that my grammar school text books were this interesting...I would have done much better in history! Aside from the story, I learned much about the history of Manhattan, the Revolutionary war, Slavery in the 1700's, the plight of the Irish and Africans and much more. Highly recommended, and I'm only half finished!
Emily

Kind of a let down
This book was on my summer reading list for AP language and I was excited to read the book as it seemed really interesting. On the back of the book, it was compared to Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, both amazing fantasy novels. However, this one tended to be a bit dry. I mean, yes the protagonist is very old but the voice seemed a bit too mature. Maybe someone other than a high schooler would like this more? I'm not sure. Anyways, it also got a bit repetitive and the time skips were confusing.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

Where the Light Enters
by Sara Donati

An enthralling epic about two trailblazing female doctors in 19th century New York.

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R