Reader reviews and comments on The Jesus Thief, plus links to write your own review.

The Jesus Thief

by J.R. Lankford

The Jesus Thief

• Published:
    Mar 2003, 287 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Jesus Thief

Anonymous (01/08/03)

The Jesus Thief has something for everyone. Lankford explores concepts that are important to all of us -- love, religion, family, ethnic identity, relationships, loyalty -- and shows us true-to-life characters negotiating these common principles in an extraordinary situation. While I enjoyed the book's plot -- cloning Jesus -- Lankford's treatment of the people who act through the story is engrossing. In that respect, the novel's exciting twists and turns serve to bring out the best (and worst) in her well-drawn characters. A great read. If this one doesn't keep you up all night...tell a doctor that you think you have narcolepsy.
Dave Shields (01/08/03)

Jilla Lankford's earth-shattering new novel, the extraordinary tale of a man who attempts to clone Christ, doesn't merely deliver on the high expectations created by such a blockbuster idea, it exceeds them in every way. Lankford handles weighty issues with a deft hand as she first broaches, then resolves topics far beyond the scope of an ordinary novel. Almost miraculously, the various threads of the story weave together into a tapestry that ultimately encompasses both the modern history of man and the current state of world affairs. To call this story important is an understatement. You should definitely read this book.

Stalin's Daughter

The Imperial Wife
    by Irina Reyn

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All