Reader reviews and comments on Longitudes and Attitudes, plus links to write your own review.

Longitudes and Attitudes

Aug 2003, 400 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Longitudes and Attitudes

Kisha Mac (02/18/10)

Longitudes and Attitudes: My Attitude
This was a great book. I found it somewhat biased but it was written in first person so to you "geniouses" (and I use the term loosely), what the hell do you expect? He is entitled to say his opinions in HIS book. If you don't like it, write your own. This book gave me a first hand account of what how the Muslim world reacted to 9-11. It was pure genious because he showed a view that, without reading this book, we would have never got to see. In conclusion, this was a great opinionated book and I think every politician, illegal immigrant, and citizen needs to read it.
Fazlul haque (08/06/03)

The book is biased adn disapointing. This is usual, because the writer is an American, no doubt a Jew. To him, September 11 was a platform for the U.S. and her partners to start pointing fingers to Islam. To him, especially in his last part of the book, his is blaming solely on bin Laden, even though there is still no prove that bin Laden is involved, but then, pointing a finger to somebody is very much easier then finding the real truth. Has he done his homework on the history of the Middle East? Did he tried to get Mr. Yassir Arafat's view on why he decide to make decisions he has made? All his interviews were in a comfort of a hotel, camps and office of high ranked officials. Anyway, this book clearly shows that the U.S., upon finding someone to blame for their fault, is pointing fingers to Islamic Fundamentalist, without taking a glimps at past history from another angle. Try it out, and it may reveal some interseting points to ponder. It's a wonder how he could reveived the Pultizer Prize.
John W. Farragut (01/31/03)

I can't believe any half-educated author can be so brazenly ignorant and consqeuently biased. The Pulitzer prize is an insult to Pulitzer. God help us all if we are going to commend such unbridled nonsense.

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

A classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say

O My D B