Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022 and Award Winners

What readers think of Blessings, plus links to write your own review.

Blessings

by Anna Quindlen

Blessings by Anna Quindlen X
Blessings by Anna Quindlen

Sep 2002, 224 pages

Aug 2003, 240 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for Blessings

stef

i find it very hard to find a book that i like. it was so random that i when into chapters and bought this book for my grade 12 english ISU. i am very pleased with my selection, and i am very eager to start reading her other books.
I RATE "BLESSINGS" FIVE STARS *****
Crystalee

This book! This book started me reading full time again! It did start out a little slow, and I ended up putting it down for three weeks before picking it up again and really getting into it. To those of you discouraged by slow beginnings, I say- give this book a real chance. I could relate to every character in this novel, even, maybe especially, the abandoned baby girl. The book was just so beautiful, and it was such a great story, although I would have liked another ending, but maybe that's what makes this book so real! I didn't find the way Anna Quindlen jumps from the present to the past at all confusing. It just added to the background of the story and made me feel as if I really knew her characters well. A great read!
Sally

For me this book was good but uncomfortable. Uncomfortable, because I can relate to Skip's charcter of striving and striving against petty and not-so petty frustrations of life and seeming to get ripped off again and again.
I think I've known someone like all the characters and Nadine is my favorite. I highly recommend the book, but not for the reasons it mentions on the back cover.
dhhs student

It was a good book! A little confusing though. So many characters to remember! But none the less, It was deffinately worth reading!!
ENJOY!!

**DHHS FOOTBALL TIGERS #1 IN CT 2004**
Trish

I think she is a great writer. And its a gift to be able to go from the past to the present. Not so many authors can do that, yes, it may be confusing, but think about it, Even if you had to reread a paragraph every once in a while, you still got more information then you would have if she didt go back and forth. And it would have been realy boring if she draged it out. Well, i thought this was a great book. It inspires young mothers to be careful with their actions, that something that seems so little is a great gift, and you might only get that chance once! So think about it! I also liked this book because it is reality, it dosent have the fantasy ending, its reality, not to harsh, but you dont always get what you want in life! Thanks!
cupcakes27

maddi_emily@hotmail.com
Although this book brought out love, care and generosity in a person you wouldn't look at twice, I found that the way Anna went from past to present confused the story and made it hard to follow on. I rate this book 3 stars because I have read books I have enjoyed more however this book can be passed on as a book for people who enjoy a challenge and love the theme of cause and effect.
Enjoy What You Read!
S.L.B.

Let's see...I may be the only odd person out because I gave this book just a 3,this was a good book,good storyline and interesting and quirky characters,but what was confusing was the way this writer went back and forth to the past and present. This seems to be her style of writing and this woman is a good writer,don't get me wrong! I have read 'Black and blue' so don't think I'm just making a harsh judgement on this woman's writing,I didn't enjoy that book for the same reason's. This a good book but just not worthy of a 5 in my opion.
nessa

horrible
Before I brought this book, I read the back of the book thinking that it would be a great read. I was wrong. If you take out all the blabbling and off topic sentences, you probably would only get a 50 page book instead of a 200 page book. it was hard to finish the book.

The only good thing to say is that it was a good idea.

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: Horse
    Horse
    by Geraldine Brooks
    Voted 2022 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Geraldine Brooks creates a ...
  • Book Jacket: In Love
    In Love
    by Amy Bloom
    Voted 2022 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. In 2019, author Amy Bloom and her...
  • Book Jacket: Remarkably Bright Creatures
    Remarkably Bright Creatures
    by Shelby Van Pelt
    Shelby Van Pelt's debut novel, Remarkably Bright Creatures, is set in the fictional town of Sowell ...

Members Recommend

Scatterlings
    by Resoketswe Martha Manenzhe

The debut novel of a gifted storyteller who has become a sensation in her native South Africa.

The Big Holiday Wordplay

Honor
by Thrity Umrigar

The low brow and the high brow