Reader reviews and comments on From A Buick 8, plus links to write your own review.

From A Buick 8

by Stephen King

From A Buick 8

Sep 2002, 368 pages
    Dec 2003, 496 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for From A Buick 8

Dtran (01/05/05)

This book was very slow moving. The characters are nauseatingly, perfectly submissive to authority. A powerful secret...a portal to another world...represented by a self-healing, sinister automobile, is kept completely a secret from everyone except the members of the sheriff's department. Come on! The story leads the reader on a flat journey that is interupted once in a while by "excitement" manifested by random subjects spewed from the car.
JImbo (12/04/04)

It's a good 60 page short story, padded out with an additional 300 pages of filler. Very slow moving, good book to cure insomnia. I had to put it down for a few weeks, then start reading again.........twice.
Roderick Pitts (05/25/04)

This was an awesome book.
Ray Riehemann (02/03/04)

I thought this book was terrific, once again Mr. King delves into the unknown, and your not sure where it is going to lead you. Very colorful desciptions of characters and places. I though it was extremely gutsy of him to do a book with the story set in Pennsylvania. In the authors notes he mentioned this. Great research and I think a damn fine book.
T-Bone (01/30/04)

Would have worked better as a short story - interesting at times but ultimately unsatisfying
daniel h. (12/06/03)

I felt Mr. King, using the Buick as a hook, raised a lot of philosophical questions about the unknown factors of life and death. I don't think he did anything new with these questions, and at times even cheapened them. His strong suit is definitely his characters. I just wish he put them in a better story.
Jayant Saldanha (12/02/03)

The first things that comes to mind is "christine...again?!?" . But this is a totally different book. Personally I liked the book for its great characterizations but was left feeling a tad unsatisfied because there were a number of loose ends. Not King's best but a good read nonetheless.
Oliver Burke (08/16/03)

I simply loved this book, didn't want it to end. King's characterisation is brilliant-the State Troopers quickly become so real that the reader feels he is actually sharing a root-beer as they chat about life at D-Troop. A 'MUST' read.

Stalin's Daughter

Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All