Reader reviews and comments on Scorched Earth, plus links to write your own review.

Scorched Earth

by David L. Robbins

Scorched Earth by David L. Robbins X
Scorched Earth by David L. Robbins

Mar 2002, 352 pages
    Mar 2003, 352 pages

There is 1 reader review for Scorched Earth

Mike

<<The following review was edited for plot spoilers>>

Ok... I really enjoyed this book. I thought the plot clever and thought provoking. But I have a problem with the ending. I felt that <<edited>> was a nice twist and a good way to not only end the tragedy of <<edited>>'s death but absolve <<edited>> of wrongdoing. And further, with <<edited>>'s death, the culprit has been punished.... BUT

What is all this with <<edited>>? I think it's an out-of-left-field plot change... but should we be happy that <<edited>> got away with murder... The lawyers all agree that the death of a person during the comission of a felony is at the very least murder in the second degree. So why should I feel good about <<edited>>'s reunion? Shouldn't someone speak up for <<edited>> who was the unfortunate victim of what amounts to a hate crime committed by <<edited>>?

Someone please help me out here.
Mike

• Book Jacket: Hungry
    Hungry
    by Jeff Gordinier
    Noma, René Redzepi's restaurant in Copenhagen, Denmark, has widely been considered among the ...
  • Book Jacket: With the Fire on High
    With the Fire on High
    by Elizabeth Acevedo
    From Like Water for Chocolate to Ratatouille, writers have recognized the power ...
  • Book Jacket: Lanny
    Lanny
    by Max Porter
    At once beautifully poignant and hauntingly grotesque, Max Porter's Lanny is like an unexpected ...
    Call Me American
    by Abdi Nor Iftin

Beirut Hellfire Society
    by Rawi Hage

A searing and visionary novel set in 1970s Beirut that asks what it means to live through war.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly