Reader reviews and comments on Good In Bed, plus links to write your own review.

Good In Bed

by Jennifer Weiner

Good In Bed by Jennifer Weiner X
Good In Bed by Jennifer Weiner

May 2001, 384 pages
    Apr 2002, 400 pages

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Good In Bed

Karen

I read the cover in a book store at the airport and thought "wow" this looks like a story I can relate to. However, I put it down thinking, I don't want to be reading a book with the title "Good In Bed", while sitting next to a complete stranger. After browsing the rest of the bookstore's inventory I went back and picked it up anyway. My 5 hour flight from San Diego to Detroit flew by, this book is fantastic, the author weaves a tale that captivates you from the very first page. If you ever felt a bit of sadness because you were finished with a really good book, this will be one of those. I did not want the story to end.
Crazy for Words

LOVED this book! Really original and has a heartwarming ending!
Anne

This is an amazing book and one of my favorites! It kept my attention and was hard to put down because it was so interesting. I'm just hoping that Ms. Weiner will write a sequel!
Cindy

I really enjoyed this book; had a hard time putting it down. The story moved along quickly and held my attention, yet I felt I knew all the characters. I'm recommending it to my friends.
Kris

I loved this book and could not put it down either!! It has definately become one of my all time favorites!
RONDA

Could not put it down. Great book!!!!!!!!!!!
myra

Although the book focuses on the particular problem of one person, the underlying theme is that any problem can be substituted if it drags one down or destroys one's self-esteem. There are a myriad of issues which can lead one to the position in which Cannie found herself.
I enjoyed the book, most especially the use of the English language. The words are sharp and focused, and almost "thrown" at the reader to be digested.
The only down side of the book was that it was not realistic in the way things turn out in "real life" for women in Cannie's situation.
mia

This book starts out really well and i good for about 2/5th of the way-it is very believable and real
Then the hollywood stuff starts and then it is no longer a book grounded in reality and becomes overwrought fiction...
Then the last 2/5th is just mired in sloppy sentiment and harping on the usual baby-based themes etc. etc.

I give the first 2/5ths of the book a 5/5 and the remaining 3/5 0.5/5...

• Book Jacket: The Age of Living Machines
    The Age of Living Machines
    by Susan Hockfield
    In the face of looming global challenges, such as overpopulation, resource depletion and disease, Dr...
    The Mars Room
    by Rachel Kushner
    There is palpable tension between expectation and reality in Rachel Kushner's third novel. The ...
  • Book Jacket: The Guest Book
    The Guest Book
    by Sarah Blake
    Sarah Blake's critically-acclaimed third novel The Guest Book was a hit with our First Impressions ...
  • Book Jacket: How It Feels to Float
    How It Feels to Float
    by Helena Fox
    Even though Biz's dad has been dead for ten years, he constantly visits her and tells stories about ...

Patsy
    by Nicole Dennis-Benn

A haunting depiction of immigration and womanhood, and the silent threads of love.

Book Club
Her Kind of Case
by Jeanne Winer

A highly-recommended emotion-filled legal drama with three starred reviews!

Win Conviction

Conviction by Denise Mina

The captivating, utterly unforgettable new thriller for fans of Killing Eve and The Woman in the Window

L A Let L