MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Tamarind Woman, plus links to write your own review.

Tamarind Woman

Sep 2002, 266 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Tamarind Woman

Murli Nair

Tamarind Woman
A bittersweet novel just like India and what I found appealing was that though the central characters are women it is not a feminist diatribe against men but more of women and men as flesh and blood with their own frailties and strengths I think it also gives lie to the oft repeated complaints about women being brow beaten and subjugated by men with no character of their own at least in the upper middle class milieu The beauty is not that the authors experiences are unique the milieu described are commonplace in India but the the authors gift in articulating it
javeria

A very nice and interesting book, Anita has made all the characters very lively and the shifts in narrative focus has made the story and the realtionship of a mother and daughter even more clear.The journey of life, tragic experiences, women's role in India, cast discrimination are mentioned and described in a very unique way.
MD. MUJAHED ALI

i AM DEEPLY IMPRESSED BY READING MS. ANITA BADAMI's AUTO BIOGRAPHY & THE HER VISION ABOUT LIFE. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE A BOOK TO AVOID SUCH A RILIGION BASED KILLINGS, WHICH IS GOING ON IN INDIA. GOD WILL SURELY REWARD FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO BRING SOCIETY IN INDIA TO A PEACEFUL SECULAR COUNTRY.
I AM NOT A GOOD WRITER BUT ONLY WISH THAT YOU WRITE ON EQUALITY OF ALL RILIGIONS & STOP BLOODSHEDS OF INNOCENTS ALL COMMUNITY IN INDIA.

• Book Jacket: The Bear
    The Bear
    by Andrew Krivak
    The Bear feels like a novel I've been awaiting for years. I received the book and its message with ...
    The Island of Sea Women
    by Lisa See
    Lisa See's latest novel, The Island of Sea Women, follows the lives of Mi-ja and Young-sook, two ...
  • Book Jacket: Race Against Time
    Race Against Time
    by Jerry Mitchell
    Jerry Mitchell spent nearly three decades trailing cold cases from the Civil Rights Movement. As a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Resisters
    The Resisters
    by Gish Jen
    Gish Jen's The Resisters depicts a future United States, dubbed AutoAmerica, where climate change ...

I Want You to Know We're Still Here
    by Esther Safran Foer

"A vivid testimony to the power of memory."
    - Kirkus (starred review)

And They Called It Camelot
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

An unforgettable portrait of American legend Jackie O.

American Dirt
by Jeanine Cummins

"American Dirt is a Grapes of Wrath for our times."
—Don Winslow

Win Mostly Dead Things

Mostly Dead Things
by Kristen Arnett

"Hilarious, deeply morbid, and full of heart."
- BuzzFeed