What readers think of The Beach House, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Jun 2002, 464 pages

Jun 2003, 368 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for The Beach House

jmcdaniel

This is one of Pattersons best. This is a superbly writtten story of mystery and intrigue, with a touch of romance. The Beach House is one of those books that you just cannot put down. The flow from one chapter to the next is very smooth, and each chapter leaves you hastily turning pages to get to the next one. This is a great book, I suggest you buy or borrow it.
Sheree

I thought that The Beach House was wonderfully written, and that it proved that James Patterson is one of our centurie's greatest writers. This book made me feel that I was right in the setting and that I was a part of the character's lives. I loved this book so much that I read it twice!
auri

it was a good book for those who like twists and turns
Keegan

This was one of the best books I read all year. I read it sitting on the beach, Perfect Place!
Rich

This book was so good I read it all in one sitting. Just couldn't get enough of it.
Sam harris

Not the greatest book by James. YOu can still enjoy it. A change from ALex Cross.
Franziska

shocker
I was shocked when I finished the book! It was not what I expected. I waited for something special to happen but James Patterson just tells me what I already know since the first chapters. I am for sure a James Patterson lover but this book does not show what he can really do!
Karen

I was interested enough in this book fo finish it and find out whodunit, but if it had not been a book on tape I might have just flipped to the end to find out. The morals of these characters - even the good ones, were pretty awful. The book seemed trite and somewhat predictable - the protagonist could have been killed at any time with no loss to the bad guys, so I couldn't figure why he stayed alive. The protagonist was trying to clear his brother's name - but his brother was a gigolo! I read a lot, but I would not recommend this to very many people. I think the only reason it is on the best seller list is because the author has had previous bestsellers.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Women and Children First
    Women and Children First
    by Alina Grabowski
    After Lucy Anderson falls to her death at a high school party, no one in Nashquitten, her gloomy, ...
  • Book Jacket: Henry Henry
    Henry Henry
    by Allen Bratton
    Allen Bratton's Henry Henry chronicles a year in the life of Hal Lancaster. Readers already ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C