MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Beach House, plus links to write your own review.

The Beach House

by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge

The Beach House by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge X
The Beach House by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge

Jun 2002, 464 pages
    Jun 2003, 368 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for The Beach House

jmcdaniel

This is one of Pattersons best. This is a superbly writtten story of mystery and intrigue, with a touch of romance. The Beach House is one of those books that you just cannot put down. The flow from one chapter to the next is very smooth, and each chapter leaves you hastily turning pages to get to the next one. This is a great book, I suggest you buy or borrow it.
Sheree

I thought that The Beach House was wonderfully written, and that it proved that James Patterson is one of our centurie's greatest writers. This book made me feel that I was right in the setting and that I was a part of the character's lives. I loved this book so much that I read it twice!
auri

it was a good book for those who like twists and turns
Keegan

This was one of the best books I read all year. I read it sitting on the beach, Perfect Place!
Rich

This book was so good I read it all in one sitting. Just couldn't get enough of it.
Sam harris

Not the greatest book by James. YOu can still enjoy it. A change from ALex Cross.
Franziska

shocker
I was shocked when I finished the book! It was not what I expected. I waited for something special to happen but James Patterson just tells me what I already know since the first chapters. I am for sure a James Patterson lover but this book does not show what he can really do!
Karen

I was interested enough in this book fo finish it and find out whodunit, but if it had not been a book on tape I might have just flipped to the end to find out. The morals of these characters - even the good ones, were pretty awful. The book seemed trite and somewhat predictable - the protagonist could have been killed at any time with no loss to the bad guys, so I couldn't figure why he stayed alive. The protagonist was trying to clear his brother's name - but his brother was a gigolo! I read a lot, but I would not recommend this to very many people. I think the only reason it is on the best seller list is because the author has had previous bestsellers.

• Book Jacket: Hamnet
    Hamnet
    by Maggie O'Farrell
    William Shakespeare's name is never used in Hamnet — a conspicuous absence around which Maggie...
  • Book Jacket: After the Last Border
    After the Last Border
    by Jessica Goudeau
    According to the United Nations Refugee Agency, the number of displaced people around the world is ...
  • Book Jacket: Crossings
    Crossings
    by Alex Landragin
    Crossings is a beautiful, if slightly messy, time-bending debut. It reads like a vampire novel, sans...
  • Book Jacket: Pew
    Pew
    by Catherine Lacey
    A quote often attributed to Leo Tolstoy states that "All great literature is one of two stories; a ...

Hieroglyphics
    by Jill McCorkle

A mesmerizing novel about piecing together the hieroglyphics of history and memory.

With or Without You
    by Caroline Leavitt

A moving novel about twists of fate, the shifting terrain of love, and coming into your own.

Every Bone a Prayer
by Ashley Blooms

The the story of one tough-as-nails girl whose choices are few but whose fight is boundless.

Win Every Bone a Prayer

Every Bone a Prayer by Ashley Blooms

A beautifully honest exploration of healing and of hope.

T Real M