MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Beach House, plus links to write your own review.

The Beach House

by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge

The Beach House by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge X
The Beach House by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge

Jun 2002, 464 pages
    Jun 2003, 368 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for The Beach House

jmcdaniel

This is one of Pattersons best. This is a superbly writtten story of mystery and intrigue, with a touch of romance. The Beach House is one of those books that you just cannot put down. The flow from one chapter to the next is very smooth, and each chapter leaves you hastily turning pages to get to the next one. This is a great book, I suggest you buy or borrow it.
Sheree

I thought that The Beach House was wonderfully written, and that it proved that James Patterson is one of our centurie's greatest writers. This book made me feel that I was right in the setting and that I was a part of the character's lives. I loved this book so much that I read it twice!
auri

it was a good book for those who like twists and turns
Keegan

This was one of the best books I read all year. I read it sitting on the beach, Perfect Place!
Rich

This book was so good I read it all in one sitting. Just couldn't get enough of it.
Sam harris

Not the greatest book by James. YOu can still enjoy it. A change from ALex Cross.
Franziska

shocker
I was shocked when I finished the book! It was not what I expected. I waited for something special to happen but James Patterson just tells me what I already know since the first chapters. I am for sure a James Patterson lover but this book does not show what he can really do!
Karen

I was interested enough in this book fo finish it and find out whodunit, but if it had not been a book on tape I might have just flipped to the end to find out. The morals of these characters - even the good ones, were pretty awful. The book seemed trite and somewhat predictable - the protagonist could have been killed at any time with no loss to the bad guys, so I couldn't figure why he stayed alive. The protagonist was trying to clear his brother's name - but his brother was a gigolo! I read a lot, but I would not recommend this to very many people. I think the only reason it is on the best seller list is because the author has had previous bestsellers.

• Book Jacket: The Revisioners
    The Revisioners
    by Margaret Wilkerson Sexton
    The chapters of Margaret Wilkerson Sexton's second novel, The Revisioners, alternate between three ...
  • Book Jacket: Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    by Dexter Palmer
    The year is 1726 and the sleepy town of Godalming has been rocked by scandal. Called to the bedside ...
  • Book Jacket: Life Undercover
    Life Undercover
    by Amaryllis Fox
    Life Undercover, a riveting true-adventure memoir, reveals how and why a young woman decides to work...
  • Book Jacket: Celestial Bodies
    Celestial Bodies
    by Jokha Alharthi
    One typically expects to find a detailed family tree adorning the opening pages of, say, an epic ...

The Lost Man
by Jane Harper

"Strong characters, riveting plot and an honest look at life in the Australian outback make it easy to give this 5-stars!"
—BookBrowse

Creatures
    by Crissy Van Meter

Set on the eve of an island wedding, this provocative debut novel exerts a pull as strong as the tides.

Lady Clementine
    by Marie Benedict

An illuminating look at one of history's most unusual and extraordinary women, Clementine Churchill.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win American Dirt

"A Grapes of Wrath for our times." - Don Winslow

This debut is already being hailed as a new American classic, and is the first book to receive a perfect 5-stars from BookBrowse reviewers!

V I T S Of L