Reader reviews and comments on The Beach House, plus links to write your own review.

The Beach House

Jun 2003, 368 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for The Beach House

Franziska (05/04/07)

shocker
I was shocked when I finished the book! It was not what I expected. I waited for something special to happen but James Patterson just tells me what I already know since the first chapters. I am for sure a James Patterson lover but this book does not show what he can really do!
jc (02/20/04)

How incredibly hackneyed and trite!
Karen (06/30/03)

I was interested enough in this book fo finish it and find out whodunit, but if it had not been a book on tape I might have just flipped to the end to find out. The morals of these characters - even the good ones, were pretty awful. The book seemed trite and somewhat predictable - the protagonist could have been killed at any time with no loss to the bad guys, so I couldn't figure why he stayed alive. The protagonist was trying to clear his brother's name - but his brother was a gigolo! I read a lot, but I would not recommend this to very many people. I think the only reason it is on the best seller list is because the author has had previous bestsellers.
jmcdaniel (06/04/03)

This is one of Pattersons best. This is a superbly writtten story of mystery and intrigue, with a touch of romance. The Beach House is one of those books that you just cannot put down. The flow from one chapter to the next is very smooth, and each chapter leaves you hastily turning pages to get to the next one. This is a great book, I suggest you buy or borrow it.
Sheree (05/07/03)

I thought that The Beach House was wonderfully written, and that it proved that James Patterson is one of our centurie's greatest writers. This book made me feel that I was right in the setting and that I was a part of the character's lives. I loved this book so much that I read it twice!
auri (03/13/03)

it was a good book for those who like twists and turns
Keegan (02/27/03)

This was one of the best books I read all year. I read it sitting on the beach, Perfect Place!
lynn (02/09/03)

This was the one of the most poorly-written books I have ever
read, and I read a lot. Shame on Patterson---short sentences, even
shorter chapters, and a storyline and ending that is totally
unbelievable. This is the last Patterson book I will ever waste
time on again.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers