We are proud to announce that BookBrowse has won Platinum in the 2024 Modern Library Awards.

What readers think of Justice Hall, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Mar 2002, 320 pages

Feb 2003, 448 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Justice Hall

Victoria Russell

This is a really wonderful book, especially if you've read the other books in the series. It's full of mystery, suspense, adventure, and a bit of romance.
Justice Hall has to be one of my favourite books ever, and the best book from the Mary Russell series.
go2yourlibrary

Best of the series, best book I have read in a while!

Here's the challenge: take two Arab characters from a previous book and change them completely into English gentlemen. Laurie R. King does a magnificent job, interspersing flashbacks from Mary Russell's memory to remind the reader how great the original characters were.

Add a superb description of English Country Life, including a weekend spent shooting.

What a great book! Especially powerful if you have read the previous book, The Moor.

jack

This installment in the saga was quite good, to me much better than the book that formed the prequel. I was a fan of Holmes for many years before I found this series and I find it as good as the original. The style of this story has echoes of the Holmes novels which I found very pleasing and the story itself was good fun.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Curse of Pietro Houdini
    The Curse of Pietro Houdini
    by Derek B. Miller
    Derek B. Miller's sixth novel, The Curse of Pietro Houdini, opens in the town of Cassino, Italy, in ...
  • Book Jacket: Our Moon
    Our Moon
    by Rebecca Boyle
    In Our Moon: How Earth's Celestial Companion Transformed the Planet, Guided Evolution, and Made Us ...
  • Book Jacket: Neighbors and Other Stories
    Neighbors and Other Stories
    by Diane Oliver
    The history of American segregation, along with changes to it in the 1960s, is sometimes taught and ...
  • Book Jacket: Wild and Distant Seas
    Wild and Distant Seas
    by Tara Karr Roberts
    Tara Karr Roberts is a newspaper columnist who also teaches English and journalism. Wild and Distant...

BookBrowse Book Club

Mockingbird Summer
by Lynda Rutledge
A powerful and emotional coming-of-age novel set in the 1960s by the bestselling author of West with Giraffes.

Members Recommend

Leaving
    by Roxana Robinson

An engrossing exploration of the vows we make to one another and what we owe to others and ourselves.

Strong Passions
    by Barbara Weisberg

Shocking revelations of a wife's adultery in 19th New York explode in an incendiary trial exposing the upper-crust and its secrets.

Win This Book
Win The Cleaner

The Cleaner
by Brandi Wells

Rarely has cubicle culture been depicted in such griminess or with such glee."
PW (starred review)