What readers think of Justice Hall, plus links to write your own review.

Justice Hall

Mar 2002, 320 pages
    Feb 2003, 448 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Justice Hall

Victoria Russell

This is a really wonderful book, especially if you've read the other books in the series. It's full of mystery, suspense, adventure, and a bit of romance.
Justice Hall has to be one of my favourite books ever, and the best book from the Mary Russell series.
go2yourlibrary

Best of the series, best book I have read in a while!

Here's the challenge: take two Arab characters from a previous book and change them completely into English gentlemen. Laurie R. King does a magnificent job, interspersing flashbacks from Mary Russell's memory to remind the reader how great the original characters were.

Add a superb description of English Country Life, including a weekend spent shooting.

What a great book! Especially powerful if you have read the previous book, The Moor.

jack

This installment in the saga was quite good, to me much better than the book that formed the prequel. I was a fan of Holmes for many years before I found this series and I find it as good as the original. The style of this story has echoes of the Holmes novels which I found very pleasing and the story itself was good fun.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Skinship
    Skinship
    by Yoon Choi
    The fine thing about short stories in general is their way of following characters through ...
    The Last Mona Lisa
    by Jonathan Santlofer
    In 1911, the Mona Lisa disappeared from its home at the Louvre in Paris. It took two years for the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Women of Troy
    The Women of Troy
    by Pat Barker
    Set in the liminal days following the Trojan War, The Women of Troy follows Briseis, who the reader ...
  • Book Jacket: The Magician
    The Magician
    by Colm Toibin
    Thomas Mann — the subject of this biographical novel by Colm Tóibín — is ...

Morningside Heights
by Joshua Henkin
A tender and big-hearted novel about love in the face of loss, from the award-winning author of The World Without You.

Flesh & Blood
    by N. West Moss

This beautifully written memoir offers insight, understanding, and joy.

Win This Book!
Win Sisters of the Great War

Sisters of the Great War by Suzanne Feldman

A powerful novel of two unconventional American sisters who volunteer at the front during World War I.

Y A B Up T W T