MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Lucky Man, plus links to write your own review.

Lucky Man

Apr 2003, 288 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Lucky Man

Chantelle (08/03/11)

Lucky Man: A Memoir
I was inspired by Michael's honesty and his humour at himself and even in the darkest of times. I chose this text to write an essay on this year and I haven't been able to put it down. It's nice to hear about his childhood and his progression into adulthood with all its obstacles. I highly recommend this text to others who enjoy a compelling read.
Miriam (04/09/07)

Fabulously Written
I found Michael J. Fox's memoirs to be quite compelling. It is always a pleasure reading about an author's childhood, and Fox recounted it with such detail, I felt like I 'got it' at first read.

Very well written, and is also great for not being a 'sob story', but just telling of Michael's journey through living with Parkinson's.
8th Grader (02/04/04)

We had to read a biography or autobiography for school and I was not looking forward to it. I decided on this book and was astounded by how good it was. He tells intimate details of his life in a way I have never seen before. He has a sense of humor about even the darkest times of his life. It is amazing to see how he delt with his diagnosis and how he is fighting to find a cure. He is very inspirational and this book will probably have an impact on my life. When I started reading I couldn't stop. I hated when it was over. He is a great man and this is a wonderful book!
mike (01/03/04)

wow!! what a book!! very inspiring!!
mike (08/14/03)

great book

• Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...
  • Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...
  • Book Jacket: The Mirror Thief
    The Mirror Thief
    by Martin Seay
    It is easy to see why Martin Seay's debut novel, The Mirror Thief, has been compared to David ...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun