What readers think of Lucky Man, plus links to write your own review.

Lucky Man

Apr 2003, 288 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Lucky Man

Chantelle

Lucky Man: A Memoir
I was inspired by Michael's honesty and his humour at himself and even in the darkest of times. I chose this text to write an essay on this year and I haven't been able to put it down. It's nice to hear about his childhood and his progression into adulthood with all its obstacles. I highly recommend this text to others who enjoy a compelling read.
Miriam

Fabulously Written
I found Michael J. Fox's memoirs to be quite compelling. It is always a pleasure reading about an author's childhood, and Fox recounted it with such detail, I felt like I 'got it' at first read.

Very well written, and is also great for not being a 'sob story', but just telling of Michael's journey through living with Parkinson's.
8th Grader

We had to read a biography or autobiography for school and I was not looking forward to it. I decided on this book and was astounded by how good it was. He tells intimate details of his life in a way I have never seen before. He has a sense of humor about even the darkest times of his life. It is amazing to see how he delt with his diagnosis and how he is fighting to find a cure. He is very inspirational and this book will probably have an impact on my life. When I started reading I couldn't stop. I hated when it was over. He is a great man and this is a wonderful book!
mike

wow!! what a book!! very inspiring!!
mike

great book

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: Klara and the Sun
    Klara and the Sun
    by Kazuo Ishiguro
    Klara and the Sun by Nobel Prize-winning author Kazuo Ishiguro drops the reader into a fictional ...
  • Book Jacket: The Lost Apothecary
    The Lost Apothecary
    by Sarah Penner
    Sarah Penner's debut novel The Lost Apothecary was rated 4 or 5 stars by 22 of our 23 First ...
  • Book Jacket: The Spymaster of Baghdad
    The Spymaster of Baghdad
    by Margaret Coker
    For the last 17 years, the country of Iraq has known almost constant violence and political upheaval...
  • Book Jacket: Hades, Argentina
    Hades, Argentina
    by Daniel Loedel
    Daniel Loedel's debut novel, Hades, Argentina, opens in 1986 when we meet Tomás Orillo, a young...

Smalltime
    by Russell Shorto

Family secrets emerge as a best-selling author dives into the history of the mob in small-town America.

The Lost Apothecary
    by Sarah Penner

A forgotten history. A secret network of women. A legacy of poison and revenge. Welcome to The Lost Apothecary.

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis