Reader reviews and comments on Step-Ball-Change, plus links to write your own review.

Step-Ball-Change

Mar 2003, 240 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Step-Ball-Change

Paula C.

Slice of Life
I loved this book. It's like "life"--funny, sad, ironic, and hopeful. I related to the main character's passion for dance, complicated family relationships, and mid-life concerns.
I can't wait to pass it along to my best friend, so we can discuss it over a glass of wine!
zonan

this book is really good. it tells me about american family. it tells me about the ways of the americam life.
jeanne ray is a 'powerful' writer..
Sarah Brown

I really enjoyed, Step-Ball-Change. It kept my attention the entire time, and though it wasn't an -edge-of-your-seat thriller, I couldn't put it down. While reading it during class, my friend noticed me and decided that she would read it as well. We both relate ourselves to the characters and when they are happy, we are happy and when they are sad, so are we! :) I am looking forward to reading your next novel, can't wait!
Sarah
DebbieinMaine

Step-Ball-Change
I enjoyed the audiobook read by the author. She has a nice reading voice and definitely added to the characters.
It does have that "almost too clean ending" but leaves you feeling satisfied that you have listened to it.

• Book Jacket: The World That We Knew
    The World That We Knew
    by Alice Hoffman
    Alice Hoffman's sparkling prose and immersive descriptions of place summon readers into World War II...
  • Book Jacket: Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead
    Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead
    by Olga Tokarczuk
    A subversive feminist noir mystery set in a remote Polish village, Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of...
  • Book Jacket: The World Doesn't Require You
    The World Doesn't Require You
    by Rion Amilcar Scott
    You can't move for young authors being marketed as "unique," "bold" and "visionary" these days. So ...
  • Book Jacket: The Long Call
    The Long Call
    by Ann Cleeves
    Penning a great murder mystery seems like it would be particularly challenging. The story often fits...

Ordinary Girls
    by Jaquira Díaz

Reminiscent of Tara Westover's Educate and Roxane Gay's Hunger--a memoir that reads as electrically as a novel.

The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino

"A soulful, transformative voyage along the body of water that defines the City of Light."
    —Lauren Collins

Win The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

An enchanting story for fans of The Little Paris Bookshop and The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

L, Damn L, A S