Reader reviews and comments on Master of the Senate, plus links to write your own review.

Master of the Senate

The Years of Lyndon Johnson

by Robert A. Caro

Master of the Senate by Robert A. Caro

Apr 2002, 1152 pages
    May 2003, 1152 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Master of the Senate

Mark_Bledsoe (03/04/04)

Caro's series just keeps getting better. Shows the good and bad of LBJ, a true political genius, If you are a political junkie, this is the read for you.
Tom Perez-Lopez (07/29/03)

Fantastic book! One gets the feeling that there is no other person on Earth who knows Lyndon B. Johnson like Caro does (perhaps better than Johnson did himself), and we are lucky that this knowledgeable person happens to also be one of the greatest storytellers in recent history. Caro makes Johnson truly come alive, and the reader feels a connection to both the foibles and the greatness of this epic man. An excellent read, both as a history of Johnson's life but also as a history of the Senate and the best account of Capitol Hill in the late forties and fifties.
Kikanza Nuri Robins (07/14/03)

This is an extraordinary story, wonderfully told. It is not just the story of Lyndon Johnson. It is the story of the civil rights movement in the United States as played out in the senate, and it is the story of the US Senate. Caro is a consummate storyteller.
rtk (02/05/03)

Caro's writing is engaging. I have read the series and the portrait of Johnson is spectacular.
The question to be addressed in the next and final book is "Did Johnson or in particular, his
rich cronies in Texas, have anything to do with the assassination of John Kennedy?" After
reading this most recent volume, there is no doubt in my mind that they would stop at nothing
to make Johnson president.

• Book Jacket: The End of Eddy

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T's A S B Every M