Reader reviews and comments on Lamb, plus links to write your own review.

Lamb

Feb 2003, 256 pages

There are currently 14 reader reviews for Lamb

Mariner

Good as it gets
This is probably the fist book that has ever made me laugh out loud to the point of tears. I couldn't get enough of it.
I honestly feel sorry for those people here that call his jokes "strained" or "frat boy". They should stop reading all together if they can't laugh at the ridiculous situations that he puts the man I solemnly studied as a young Catholic kid.
This is the most original historical fiction Ive ever read. I went on to read everything he's written.
I recommend this book every time I start talking about books with friends. Read it, I guarantee you belly laughs.
If you don't think it's funny, then you might want to look into a funny-bone transplant. Yours is broken.
Meg

what a book
I don't know where to got that kind of sense of humor, keep it up I have read the book 4 times already.
Michael Pedder

What a great read!
I picked this one up after reading, "You Suck" by the same author. Lamb was amazing. I have not enjoyed a book so much in a long time and I read a lot. I laughed more than I had in years and yet through all the laughing there were scenes which just stopped me in my tracks. For example; Mary washing Jesus' feet. Even with all the comedy you can see the authors love of Jesus Christ displayed everywhere.

That's all. If you haven't read it go grab a copy and when your done, read it again.
Thank you Mr. Moore.
Krissy

The Greatest and Best Book Ever Written!!!
I am an avid reader of all things, Stephen King was the number one for me, until I happened upon a tasty little trinket called Lamb. I was so surprised and stunned that I have never even heard of Christopher Moore or Lamb.

What a quick read. I was so angry when the book was finished, I wanted to read it again. I really enjoyed the time spent within the pages. I have suggested this book to EVERYONE I know and hope at least one of them reads it.

Stephen King shouldn't be worried. I am still his number one fan, but if Christopher Moore keeps it up I may have two fave authors.

Lamb Rules!!!!
Sicks

Wow
This book is simply put - excellent! Is there any

plans of making this novel into a motion

picture...or perhaps a television series? I mean,

this book is funny, its informative, its sad, its a

great read! If you havent read this book i highly

recommend it to anyone who is even capable of

reading. Seriously. One of my personal favorites!
Alex Lewis

This book is amazingly fun to read. Christopher Moore does an incredible job overcoming the difficult task of bringing slapstick (sometimes crass) humor to the story of Jesus, all the while keeping Jesus' integrity. I also loved the complex character of Biff, as rude and insulting as he comes off, you never doubt his love of his best friend Joshua (Jesus). As much as I laughed during the entire read, the scene of the crucifiction was so well written, it moved me to tears; not because of the divinity of Christ, but because of the true friendship between these two characters.
Another layer of this story, is the subtlety of the humor. When Joshua claims his love for bunnies, and that from now on when anything bad happens to him, he wants bunnies around? Pure genious! This book is a real gem.
Turd Fergueson

This book was absolutely stunning. It is perhaps one of the greatest novels ever written by the human hand. No, no rather it was written by the hand of the Divine. This book rivals only that of the Bible.

Gooday to you sirs and madams,

Turd Fergueson
jlp

What is the origin of the Shroud of Turin? Why do Jews eat Chinese food on Christmas? Where does the word "judo" come from? What does the "H" in "Jesus H. Christ" stand for? The answers to these, and many more questions, are revealed in this book.

Quite funny, but also thoughtful and instructive. The question of where Jesus' teachings might have come from has been much debated. One school has it that he travelled and came into contact with Eastern religions. This book takes off from that idea, with Jesus seeking out each of the Magi in turn, for "son of God" lessons. (At the age of thirteen, he and Biff, both in love with Mary of Magdalen, decide to skip her wedding to the town bully, and find the Magi.)

Familiarity with the Synoptic gospels will aid in the appreciation of "Lamb".

• Book Jacket: Feast Your Eyes
    Feast Your Eyes
    by Myla Goldberg
    Myla Goldberg's latest novel, Feast Your Eyes, is ostensibly about the works of fictional ...
  • Book Jacket: Greek to Me
    Greek to Me
    by Mary Norris
    Mary Norris' Greek to Me received an overwhelmingly favorable response from our First Impression ...
  • Book Jacket: Miracle Creek
    Miracle Creek
    by Angie Kim
    Miracle Creek, the debut novel from Angie Kim, hinges on the mysterious explosion of an oxygen tank....
  • Book Jacket: Courting Mr. Lincoln
    Courting Mr. Lincoln
    by Louis Bayard
    19 out of 21 of our First Impression Reviewers rated Louis Bayard's latest novel, Courting Mr. ...

The Guest Book
    by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
    Entertainment Weekly

Book Club
Her Kind of Case
by Jeanne Winer

A highly-recommended emotion-filled legal drama with three starred reviews!

Win Miracle Creek

My husband asked me to lie. Not a big lie...

A thrilling debut novel for fans of Liane Moriarty and Celeste Ng.

I I T S Form O F