Reader reviews and comments on Desirable Daughters, plus links to write your own review.

Desirable Daughters

by Bharati Mukherjee

Desirable Daughters by Bharati Mukherjee X
Desirable Daughters by Bharati Mukherjee

Feb 2002, 320 pages
    Feb 2003, 320 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Desirable Daughters

jean sheridan

A cool blend of Bay Area lifestyle and Indian sensibility. It bogs down in the New York scenes, but picks up for an unexpected flashy finale.
Anonymous

Truthfully, the book was ok. I didn't think that it was all that great. The plot was ok but i kinda thought the whole gang thing was stupid. It was surprising but it didn't fit into the rest of the novel. One thing that I did like about it though was how Mukherjee had spoken about the true culture and beliefs of both worlds and how they differed. (Anonymous, 16 years old)
Carla

Desirable Daughters book review
This book just was not that good. The plot was very well developed. Also, ending was very much a let-down. The only thing I found enjoyable about this book is that it went into some detail about Indian culture and idiology, which I must admit is foreign to me. Still, even with the cultural aspect of this book, it wasn't worth it. I wouldn't waste my money buying it if I were you.
Ayesha

It had two interesting elements but it focuses more on the duller one. There is not any good character development and so the events that take place do not have an impact on the reader. I felt like the author attempts to make the story suspenseful but it lead the plot to drag on.

• Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund