Reviews by Colleen F. (Carrollton, TX)

The Three Mothers: How the Mothers of Martin Luther King, Jr., Malcolm X, and James Baldwin Shaped a Nation
by Anna Malaika Tubbs
The Three Mothers (11/16/2020)
I was so excited to get this book. I've always been curious about the mothers of three great men. But where do you start? How do you find the information that you need? I was so eager to dive into this book and I must admit I feel like these three mothers. This book is full of love and compassion for their sons. How they were raised and taught shows the type of love that they received. This book also helps me to understand that no matter what, as a mother we are always teaching our children and trying to have their lives better than ours. We lose sleep and suffer because of the love that we have for them.

This book shows me that not only were these three mothers exceptional mothers but they didn't get the credit that they deserved. We have to prepare our children for the world. And unfortunately, they had to live to see their sons' deaths.

This book is beyond amazing and so needed at a time where mothers are hardly given the credit for raising such incredible men. Thank you BookBrowse for giving me the opportunity of this advanced reading book.
More News Tomorrow: A Novel
by Susan Richards Shreve
More news tomorrow (4/23/2019)
This story was interesting and then it lost me. I wanted to know more about her parents and what it's like to live with her grandparents. It was just okay for me. I just wanted more. I wish we could have known more about the other characters at the camp.
Golden Child
by Claire Adam
The Tale of Two Sons (10/14/2018)
This book is full of emotions. It makes you think about what you would do in certain situations. When you have children sometimes you have to make choices that may not be favorable to everyone. This book will have you on a rollercoaster of emotion and insight. This is a book that would be great for a book club.
Vox
by Christina Dalcher
VOX (5/14/2018)
This book was a hard read for me because I'm not really into the women's movement. I would recommend this book to book clubs, but not young people. I feel like people who are about women's rights and women empowerment this would make a great book selection for them. I haven't read anything like this before.
Meet Me at the Museum
by Anne Youngson
Meet Me at the Museum (4/4/2018)
I had the privilege to read Meet me at the Museum. I really did enjoy this book. At first when I started reading it, I must admit I was a little bored with it. I didn't really understand where the writer was going with this story, but as I continued to read it I grew to love it even more. The way the story started with a letter to a professor regarding the exhibit of the Tollund Man. I have never heard of this before, but I was very intrigued to learn more about him. I feel like this book would appeal to anyone who loves history, museums, or someone who loves books in general. This book has something for everyone I feel. I haven't read anything like this book before.

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

• Book Jacket: Windhall
    Windhall
    by Ava Barry
    Ava Barry's debut mystery novel Windhall is centered around the salacious murder of a starlet named ...
  • Book Jacket: Libertie
    Libertie
    by Kaitlyn Greenidge
    Kaitlyn Greenidge burst onto the literary scene in 2016 with her award-winning novel, We Love You, ...
    Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982
    by Cho Nam-joo, Jamie Chang
    'Kim Jiyoung is thirty-three years old, thirty-four Korean age. She got married three years ago and ...
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...

Of Women and Salt
    by Gabriela Garcia

A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

The Widow Queen
    by Elzbieta Cherezinska

The epic story of an 11th century Polish queen whose life and name were all but forgotten until now.

The Mountains Sing
by Nguyen Phan Que Mai
Winner of the 2020 BookBrowse Debut Novel Award: A multi-generational tale set in Viet Nam.
Win This Book!
Win The Beauty of Your Face

A New York Times Notable Book of 2020

"Stunning.… A timely family saga with faith and forgiveness at its core."
Marie Claire