Reader reviews and comments on Castaways of The Flying Dutchman, plus links to write your own review.

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

By Brian Jacques

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

• Hardcover: Mar 2001,
    Paperback: Feb 2002,

There are currently 61 reader reviews for Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

Allejandro (03/14/12)

Worst Book EVer
This book sicked. It was slow-moving. There was barely any action and NOTHING exciting ever happened. It's plot is also very stupid. Who cares about saving and old run-down town. It doesn't seem like someone would want to write about it and it doesn't seem like anyone would want to read about. I do not suggest this book to anyone!
pkiedikie123 (10/11/10)

devinde
This book to me has captured me greatly when I was reading it to when I was finished. It is most definitively on my top 10 favorite books and has one of the most interesting characters I have read of including Ben. They made me laugh and cry. I was so into this book i didn't sleep trying to see what happened next i am super glad I found this book in my time of need because i had nothing to do and was feeling desperate for a good book to my angel for laying this book in front of me because I'm so blind I could of missed it. I am a true fan of this book and shall always be. This book captures great things as in detail to personality of the characters to the part when I just think to myself I wish I was in the book.
Pika (01/13/09)

Character Development
In my opinion, Brian Jacques does a wonderful job of displaying all aspects of his characters. Readers are drawn into his stories by his use of deep emotions portrayed and developed throughout.
Cup o' Noodles (04/03/08)

Castaways of the Flying Dutchman
The book has an amazing plot and interesting characters, but I found the speech a bit troubling to follow. That personally is the only bad part of the book to me, as I had to reread parts to truly understand them.
bobby (12/04/07)

wonderful
I just read this book it was wonderful. It kept me on the edge of my seat all the time. I usually don't like reading too much but I couldn't put this book down. I am currently reading the second one and I love it. I would recomend this book to any one 10 or over who likes adventure.
Razzle Dazzle (04/15/07)

Rubbishist book i have ever read
I did not understand the plot of this book. I found it extremely hard to flow with the characters, speech, emotions. I didn’t really enjoy this book at all. As the first Brian Jacques book I have ever read it did not leave much of an impression and I do not expect I shall ever read any other book by this author.
lilLizard1021 (11/17/06)

Awesome!
This is a great book. I read it in ONE night. Brian Jacques combines good humor and action. At some points it's so toughing it feels like there's a hot water bottle on your heart. though sometimes it can be a little slow moving it's at the perfect times when the story line really needs to slow down (even if you don't want it to). MUST READ!
Emma (08/09/06)

My fave book
This is my absolute favourite book of all time. I first read it when I was eleven. It was my birthday present, and I thought it looked as very boy-ish (I'm a girl) so I didn't pick it up straight away. Then later that year I had the 'flu and it was the only book in my room that I hadn't read. Once I started I found that I couldn't pull away. The imagery created by Jacques is just astounding: I felt as though I was there. Brian Jacques really gets you feeling for Neb/Ben and Den/Ned. By the sad end, I had grown really attached to them, they seemed real.

It's been four years since I first picked up Castways of the Flying Dutchman and finished it in the early hours of Tuesday morning, and I still haven't found a book that has gripped me more, a book that touched me more, or book that had a more profound effect on me. Castways is the book that I think should be in every library and on every book shelf. My tattered copy knows too: this book is a sure keeper.

• Book Jacket: The Goldfinch
    The Goldfinch
    by Donna Tartt
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction.

Her canvas is vast. To frame a story about art, love and ...
  • Book Jacket: Toms River
    Toms River
    by Dan Fagin
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for Nonfiction

In Toms River, investigative journalist Dan Fagin ...
  • Book Jacket: The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
    The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
    by Gabrielle Zevin
    I feel like Gabrielle Zevin wrote this wonderful book, about a lonely New England bookstore owner ...

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

1.  170The Weight of Blood:
    Laura McHugh
  2.  143Happier at Home:
    Gretchen Rubin

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

P Your O C