Reader reviews and comments on Out Stealing Horses, plus links to write your own review.

Out Stealing Horses

Apr 2008, 256 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Out Stealing Horses

Teresa

Poignant and private
A private look into a private life. A glimpse into real life events in the life of a man that shapes him forever. Softly spoken, non-assuming and blames no one.

I couldn't put the book down yet the ending was not one I would have chosen nor written. I'm sure it was literary and poignant on many accounts, I just did not like the ending. It disappointed me. It was gentle, telling and fitting. It saddened me I read the whole book to find this ending. But definitely worth the read and you will find yourself pondering it for days
Penny

Life follows everyone...
Petterson weaves a tale of the past and the present. Of love, pain, frailty and family - of things that made the man Trond became and the memories of the past he wants to reconcile with in his soul. The translation is beautiful as is the story itself.
John Byrne

Out Stealing Horses
How a boy grows up.

The story switches between the different critical times of the man's life - and involves the people who were instrumental in it.

I could not put the book down. The more involved his life became - the more intrigued I became.

Not perfect - not pure, His life was real.

A Short History of Norway

Join & Save $10!

Discover books that entertain, engage & enlighten. One-year membership: $29

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Truthtelling
    Truthtelling
    by Lynne Schwartz
    The word "unsayable" can mean something is too vast to be put into words. Alternatively, it can ...
  • Book Jacket: The Book Collectors
    The Book Collectors
    by Delphine Minoui
    About halfway through The Book Collectors, I was disappointed. I came into the book with a ...
  • Book Jacket: Blue Sky Kingdom
    Blue Sky Kingdom
    by Bruce Kirkby
    Who hasn't dreamed of escaping all of the trappings of today's modern life and finding a secluded, ...
  • Book Jacket: My Heart Underwater
    My Heart Underwater
    by Laurel Fantauzzo
    Corazon — Cory — Tagubio is a Filipina-American teenager living with her family in ...

Migrations
    by Charlotte McConaghy

An instant bestseller set on the brink of catastrophe, for readers of Flight Behavior and Station Eleven.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win This Book!
Win Jack

Return to Gilead with Jack, the instant New York Times bestseller

Enter to win Marilynne Robinson's latest novel in her classic series.

I G I O Ear A O T O