Reader reviews and comments on Out Stealing Horses, plus links to write your own review.

Out Stealing Horses

by Per Petterson

Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson

Apr 2007, 288 pages
    Apr 2008, 256 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Out Stealing Horses

Teresa (02/20/11)

Poignant and private
A private look into a private life. A glimpse into real life events in the life of a man that shapes him forever. Softly spoken, non-assuming and blames no one.

I couldn't put the book down yet the ending was not one I would have chosen nor written. I'm sure it was literary and poignant on many accounts, I just did not like the ending. It disappointed me. It was gentle, telling and fitting. It saddened me I read the whole book to find this ending. But definitely worth the read and you will find yourself pondering it for days
Penny (05/09/08)

Life follows everyone...
Petterson weaves a tale of the past and the present. Of love, pain, frailty and family - of things that made the man Trond became and the memories of the past he wants to reconcile with in his soul. The translation is beautiful as is the story itself.
John Byrne (08/18/07)

Out Stealing Horses
How a boy grows up.

The story switches between the different critical times of the man's life - and involves the people who were instrumental in it.

I could not put the book down. The more involved his life became - the more intrigued I became.

Not perfect - not pure, His life was real.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts
    Music of the Ghosts
    by Vaddey Ratner

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some to be chewed on and digested.

Y S M B, I'll S Y