Reader reviews and comments on Out Stealing Horses, plus links to write your own review.

Out Stealing Horses

by Per Petterson

Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson

Apr 2007, 288 pages
    Apr 2008, 256 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Out Stealing Horses

Teresa (02/20/11)

Poignant and private
A private look into a private life. A glimpse into real life events in the life of a man that shapes him forever. Softly spoken, non-assuming and blames no one.

I couldn't put the book down yet the ending was not one I would have chosen nor written. I'm sure it was literary and poignant on many accounts, I just did not like the ending. It disappointed me. It was gentle, telling and fitting. It saddened me I read the whole book to find this ending. But definitely worth the read and you will find yourself pondering it for days
Penny (05/09/08)

Life follows everyone...
Petterson weaves a tale of the past and the present. Of love, pain, frailty and family - of things that made the man Trond became and the memories of the past he wants to reconcile with in his soul. The translation is beautiful as is the story itself.
John Byrne (08/18/07)

Out Stealing Horses
How a boy grows up.

The story switches between the different critical times of the man's life - and involves the people who were instrumental in it.

I could not put the book down. The more involved his life became - the more intrigued I became.

Not perfect - not pure, His life was real.

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Dictators ride to and fro on tigers from which they dare not dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry.

O My D B