Reader reviews and comments on Out Stealing Horses, plus links to write your own review.

Out Stealing Horses

by Per Petterson

Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson

Apr 2007, 288 pages
    Apr 2008, 256 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Out Stealing Horses

Teresa (02/20/11)

Poignant and private
A private look into a private life. A glimpse into real life events in the life of a man that shapes him forever. Softly spoken, non-assuming and blames no one.

I couldn't put the book down yet the ending was not one I would have chosen nor written. I'm sure it was literary and poignant on many accounts, I just did not like the ending. It disappointed me. It was gentle, telling and fitting. It saddened me I read the whole book to find this ending. But definitely worth the read and you will find yourself pondering it for days
Penny (05/09/08)

Life follows everyone...
Petterson weaves a tale of the past and the present. Of love, pain, frailty and family - of things that made the man Trond became and the memories of the past he wants to reconcile with in his soul. The translation is beautiful as is the story itself.
John Byrne (08/18/07)

Out Stealing Horses
How a boy grows up.

The story switches between the different critical times of the man's life - and involves the people who were instrumental in it.

I could not put the book down. The more involved his life became - the more intrigued I became.

Not perfect - not pure, His life was real.

• Book Jacket: The Leavers
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R