Reader reviews and comments on Stargirl, plus links to write your own review.

By Jerry Spinelli

• Hardcover: Aug 2000,
    Paperback: May 2002,

There are currently 417 reader reviews for Stargirl

girlktt (09/16/12)

awesome!!!
It was a really good book. Whoever said it was a bad book is mean!
Anna (08/28/12)

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely hated this book... too confusing!!!!
Hannah (05/20/12)

It was an awful book
I didn't think the book was very good. I wasn't very well written. It seems like the author was trying too hard to sound poetic, but it ended up getting annoying. I also don't think it's very realistic. At one point, Leo walked two miles to Startirl's house, but in reality, no one would do that. Especially since that was before they were dating. And, no girl would act like Stargirl does. And even if there was a Stargirl, people in such a conformed school would give into her way so quickly. They would shun her from the very beginning. I personally wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Ever.
Noura Yousuf (12/25/11)

stargirl
I really love this book. Everyday I read this book.
nea (09/20/10)

Stargirl
This book was cool. Keith said no it wasn't good, but I disagree with his opinion Stargirl is a very down-to-earth and don't-care-what-other-people-think type of girl.
cindy (09/05/10)

loved it!!
I read Star Girl with my son, whom I homelearn. He was concerned it would be a "girly" book. With each page I turned we both learned more and more about life, love and relationships. This is my all time favorite book. I can relate to StarGirl Caraway. Please read this book, its a winner.
notinlikewithstargirl (08/01/10)

I was expecting more. I did not like this book
Alessia (06/02/10)

its a great book.
I find this book very good it teaches children to be who they want to be and never to change for anyone but themselves.

Star Girl is very outgoing she is constantly doing something nobody would even think of doing, at first she is not at all respected by that but after a while people start to notice its great to be unique.

i would recommend it for the ages of 8-15

1.  143Happier at Home:
    Gretchen Rubin
  2.  254Cartwheel:
    Jennifer duBois

Censorship, like charity, should begin at home: but unlike charity, it should end there.

P Your O C