Reader reviews and comments on The Lovely Bones, plus links to write your own review.

The Lovely Bones

By Alice Sebold

The Lovely Bones

• Hardcover: Jun 2002,
    Paperback: Apr 2004,

There are currently 115 reader reviews for The Lovely Bones

Aubrey (11/23/03)

Alice did a wonderful job at keeping my interest in this story. I've never read a book with such enthusiasm.

Age: 15
Suzan (11/19/03)

She made the story so real! I recommend this to anyone who has sometime to read!
KP (11/15/03)

Alice Sebold told one event could effect an entire town. It puts everything into a new perceptive for me. I love how she put in Susie's point of view. The only thing that was wrong with it was that it had a great beginning but then it was hard to keeping reading at the end. But over-all it was an awesome book and I would truly read it again!! (age: 17)
Nancy (11/13/03)

I hated it.
backer6574654 (11/04/03)

This book was amazing, the fact that her family has learned to move on and that she can move along up in heaven is incredible. This is a book that everyone should read, it helps us experience things that we may never have the chance to experience and through characterzation and setting the reader can feel exactly what Susie and her family is feeling. (age 16)
alejandra hernandez (10/26/03)

this book has opened up my eyes to a whole new world. it has helped to be thankful for my everday things and not to take things for granted.
Sharon (10/23/03)

This was an amazing book. I cried all the way through it, not because it was sad, but because it was a fantastic emotional insight into the possibilities of the after life. The character retained human emotion, and the plot was well thought out and believable.
kati petri (10/20/03)

This book is by far the best book i have ever read! I can see how much work and love was put in this book! Sebold is an awesome author! It is such a creative book. It made me really believe in heaven and how creative, fun and even lonely heaven can be! i loved it!

• Book Jacket: Take This Man
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...

Tomlinson Hill