Reader reviews and comments on In My Hands, plus links to write your own review.

In My Hands

Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer

By Irene Gut Opdyke

In My Hands

• Hardcover: Aug 1999,
    Paperback: Apr 2001,

There are currently 41 reader reviews for In My Hands

Rachel Held (03/12/07)

good
I loved this book. This is the first book thatI have sat down and not put the book down for a very long time. It was great.
Dane Mehrhoff (02/26/05)

This book made me think about what went on in the past and how much of a hero Irene was, she was a strong woman after seeing all in her life and being able to tell people young and old,she is a hero and will be no matter if she has passed away...........a hero for people all around that want to stand up for what they believe in.
Shanks (02/14/05)

it was terrific!! it gives you a lot of info on the Holocaust. it was interenting ang i could not put it down.
Tia (02/09/05)

This book has such a great message overall. It is so descriptive, it makes you laugh and cry with her. It is a great book.
j (01/30/05)

it was a typical holocuast book and theres nothing that special about it because she herself didnt go through that much horror she was a waitress for the germans WHILE HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS WERE DYING!! she had it good
Ashlee (12/01/04)

The book was great. It was very detailed when it told about certain parts of the book. I love it. I am not one to read but i actually stopped everything i was doing to read the book.
Jacob , 56 (11/07/04)

It was ok
JAK (10/18/04)

This book was simply amazing. I knew alot about the Holocaust because I am 1/2 Jewish and my ancestors immigrated to several countries before finally choosing America. Even though I had plentiful backround knowledge, it was so much better to dive in and take the sacrifices and punishments as well as the satisfaction of knowing that she successully made it through. I recommend this book to people who have high reading levels and a mature concept of life because some of the content is sexual, so it is necassary to take these factors into consideration. (I am in 8th grade, but I enjoyed it) I hope this book opens up a new world of concepts, questions and knowledge for you as it did for me. In the end, I hope that you will keep this book in your own hands.

Mrs. Hemingway