Reader reviews and comments on Sold, plus links to write your own review.

Sold

• Hardcover: Sep 2006,
    Paperback: Apr 2008,

There are currently 43 reader reviews for Sold

Nicole (05/02/08)

awesome
This book was really really a good book to read. it really made me put myself in Lakshmi's shoes and really see what her and the others experienced. it was tragic and horrible for her father to sell her into sexual slavery. It was a really good book.
Kat (04/27/08)

Very interesting
You would not think that something like what happened in Sold could happen or that it's going on in this world. I didn't want to believe that what happened in the book was true. I couldn't imagine being sold to be a "maid". This book taught me a lot about Nepal and what happens there and when I am older I will try to find a way to help because it is so devastating. I would defiantly recommend this book.
abiha (02/14/08)

sold.
An excellent piece of literature. Very good book that makes you realize how lucky we are that we know how to read and write. I makes you realize about little things in life and how lucky we are that we don't live in such area where poverty exists.

abiha hasan
14 year old -female.
Lesley P. (02/01/08)

A MUST READ....
It is rare that a book grabs hold of my mind but this book IS one of the few that have. Everyone should make the time to read this book.
Mary Jane (01/12/08)

It was okay
I thought the book was okay but still not detailed enough, I wanted more detail in the places she didn't put detail and less in the places she put lots, Overall I didn't enjoy the book as much as I thought I would.
nif (12/17/07)

thought provoking
Sold was a great book in many ways. It made me realize that people live on the same planet as me but it seems like they live hundreds of years in the past. I worry about how my appearance looks while Lakshmi worries about starving to death. I really took this story to heart and I haven't bought as many clothes lately. I haven't been to the mall in four months or so, and for a teenage girl, that's pretty good. I hope that people don't have to go through that pain everyday to survive. This book was great and I hope that you enjoy reading it too! =]
Brittney (10/02/07)

I love this Book
I loved this emotion filled novel. The cover is very deceiving but the pages of this book are filled with facts and fates. If I would have never of read this book I would not be aware of things such as horrible as this happening. It's amazingly well written and I deeply enjoyed this book. I give the author kudos for being an excellent and very talented writer. It makes me want to get out there and help out all the girls and women that have and will be put through this situation.
pearl (04/25/07)

the best book
OMG.... this is the best book I've red in a long time. when I first started to read it I thought is wasn't going to be all that good. It turned out to one of the books on my top ten books. I recommend people to read this book! I mean it opens up your eye to a completely different world. I love this book. Sold is one of those books you can't put down until you are done reading it.

• Book Jacket: Take This Man
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...

The Arsonist