MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Sold, plus links to write your own review.

Sep 2006, 272 pages
    Apr 2008, 272 pages

There are currently 45 reader reviews for Sold

Brittney (10/02/07)

I love this Book
I loved this emotion filled novel. The cover is very deceiving but the pages of this book are filled with facts and fates. If I would have never of read this book I would not be aware of things such as horrible as this happening. It's amazingly well written and I deeply enjoyed this book. I give the author kudos for being an excellent and very talented writer. It makes me want to get out there and help out all the girls and women that have and will be put through this situation.
pearl (04/25/07)

the best book
OMG.... this is the best book I've red in a long time. when I first started to read it I thought is wasn't going to be all that good. It turned out to one of the books on my top ten books. I recommend people to read this book! I mean it opens up your eye to a completely different world. I love this book. Sold is one of those books you can't put down until you are done reading it.
Claudia (04/09/07)

Sold
This is a great story about a Nepali girl coping through the toughest situations. I thought this story was great, but very mature and age matters and I am surprised I could handle the subject for only being eleven.
Charlama (01/09/07)

Must Read
Sold is a riveting novel. It is well written , easy to read, and fascinating. The only downside is that it is based on fact. We need to stop the trafficking of children and young women from poor families. Thank you for a wonderful book that opens the eyes of the reader.
Power Reviewer Lani (10/19/06)

Sold
If not for you, I would never have come across Sold by Patricia McCormick. I was devastated by this book and hope that when I get to Calcutta in January i will be able to visit the Apne Aan Women's Center or the Deepika Social Welfare center for women and children in the red light district. I am urging all of my friends to read it.

Thank you, as always, for continuing to being the ray of light and guidance in our thirst for knowledge and enlightenment in this world!

• Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...
  • Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...

The Dark Lady's Mask
    by Mary Sharratt

Based on the life of the first professional woman poet in Renaissance England, and her collaboration with Shakespeare.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun