Reader reviews and comments on Sold, plus links to write your own review.

Sold

Sep 2006, 272 pages
    Apr 2008, 272 pages

There are currently 45 reader reviews for Sold

lee (01/31/12)

greatest book ever
This is one of the greatest books I ever read. It speaks to you, makes you feel what this little girl was feeling. It shows you how cruel and crude people are. After reading this book all I wanted to do is learn more about this wicked, atrocious, painful crime. This book is beyond good and the world needs to see what people are capable of because men are not the only ones that are involved with this crime and Patricia shows the whole world this!
Tailyr (12/13/11)

Sold by Patricia McCormick
I just read "Sold by Patricia McCormick" this book was really good and very well written. My opinion on this book is that it was very informative, because no-one ever thinks about other things that are happening around the world. If I had never read this book I probably would have never thought about young girls being sold into sex trafficking and being forced to do things they don't want to do. This book really touched my heart and made me feel bad, but also grateful that I will never live that kind of life. This book as some disturbing details and when I read it was painful and bad images came into my head. I think everyone should read this book to help people think about what else is going on around the world. I really wished the book would have continued or there was a sequel. I was left wanting more out of this book, but that's just my opinion. Overall it was a pretty good book and I'm glad that I read it.
kite (04/14/11)

sold
I would like to see more of her life and I like that it goes into the topics that it does. People need to read this book.
Leticia O (04/06/11)

I love this book!
Thank you for writing such a great book. My students and I really enjoyed reading this book. I would highly recommend other educators to integrate this book in their lesson plans or their curriculum.
David T. (04/06/11)

I love this book!
This book is one of the best books I have ever read. It has motivated me to want to read more. This book has helped me become more kind towards other people, especially to those that are in need. I would high recommend this book to others.
Omar I. (04/06/11)

Sold
I love this book because it is based upon a true story and is very inspirational. Reading this book has helped me become a better person. I would highly recommend this book to my friends.
Sitashma Thapa (04/01/11)

WOW
This book to me is a must read one. It is so good, in better words I'd like to say a simple but a very meaningful WOW.
I am from Nepal and I am turning thirteen on the first of May. This book pretty much changed my life for after reading it I started being being very concerned about women trafficking and LAXMI is a girl near my age. This made me much more close to her. Even though she is just a character in a book she was someone close to me for she was also a Nepali.
I got to know about this book from seeing a notice on my school's notice board. I was very amused to know that there was a movie being made out of it and I auditioned along with my companions. I was short-listed and now my fingers are crossed for the results are very near. I do wanna get the role and I hope I do.
I come from the country of the CNN hero, Ms. Anuradha Koirala and even if I don't get the role I will do something against women trafficking. Well, this is for sure..
RoKsTaRr (03/31/11)

absolutely great
I loved this book. Some parts are really sorrowful though.

Do No Harm
    by Henry Marsh
    British neurosurgeon Henry Marsh might already be familiar as the subject of the Emmy-winning ...
  • Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...

The Life of the World to Come
    by Dan Cluchey

Smart, sad and crackling with wit, a book about love, life and what happens after.

A Certain Age
    by Beatriz Williams

The Roaring Twenties comes to life in this tale of intrigue, romance, and scandal.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q