Reader reviews and comments on The Traveler, plus links to write your own review.

The Traveler

Paperback: Jul 2006,

There are currently 13 reader reviews for The Traveler

Mr. dave (12/26/08)

average
This book has great potential, but stumbles and falls short.
Yeremenko (07/21/08)

Cliches cliches and more cliches
This is an awful book. The characters are all sad stereotypes and it is so predictable. Some of the plot holes are massive. One of the great untouchable Harlequins who stayed off the grid his entire life has his security cam in the open and connected to a simple co ax cable so a dvd player could replace the feed. The Harlequins should shop at a better Radio Shack.

This is like a Mountain Dew commercial directed by Michael Bey.

Comparing this to 1984 is like comparing Paris Hilton to Mother Theresa. Lots of hype does not a classic make.
Gregory (06/20/07)

Skip It
I read the first couple chapters of this book and I had to put it down. I couldn't understand how a book like this is published. It didn't hook me or have any stickiness. I read it a while ago but all I remember is thinking "this book and the characters think they are the greatest, but they both come off as pretentious and dumb." Save your time.
Dreamer (08/27/06)

Makes you think
Although this book may not use the best prose in the world, what is presented makes you think, as opposed to how it is presented. The concept of the Grid is worringly realistic, and not necessarily 'fiction.' It is rare that I find a book I cannot put down, this one fulfilled my expectations, although the ending could have been tied in a little better. Look forward to the next one.
Jim (08/11/06)

Interesting
"Traveler" is a mind bending book. Great effort has been placed within the discription of a "Traveler" to convince me that these travelers are important to the world order, it could be quite believeable that these people exsist in todays society. I rearly became engrosed in the book however the ending was poor leaving it to the last page to be left in wonder "what the hell next" where the rest. All in all a good book but how long before the said trilogy becomes available before those who have read loose interest in the first book?
Peter's Fourth Life (06/26/06)

Too Close
I'm not surprised John12Hawks lives off the Grid. I'm suprised he's still alive.
Too near or possibly spot on the truth.
Govs will probably try and protect their myths as the CC are alleged to do in DaVinci Code.
You feel you are reading about something you already know instinctivly and wish you had had the empowerment to put into words youself.
Of course this review may never be seen if Book Browse or Doubleday decide it safer not to whilst they live on the grid
Traveler (08/30/05)

Disappointing
"Traveler" is a misleading name for this book. The plot is bogged down by endless description and political grandstanding. The effort to convince me that the travelers are important to the world order failed miserably. I can't
believe there will be two more volumes; what more is there to say without
endless repetition?
Eggies2006 (08/24/05)

True but Fiction
If I hadn't known what I already know and hadn't experienced what I already experience I would have rated this book a top mark of 5. But as I read it and find myself nodding from knowledge and/or recognition the lack of surprise element prompts me to give it a 4 instead. The style of writing isn't Shakespearean but neither is a newspaper. The passing of information from one person to the next has to be basic and clear in its message if the message is to be understood. That is why tabloids are more poplular than the broadsheets. I am thoroughly enjoying the storyline, but I'll say this: when it comes to the world of astral travelling - there is no pain to be felt and the only light that is seen is the one that is felt.

• Book Jacket: The Promise