Reader reviews and comments on Dangerous Games, plus links to write your own review.

Dangerous Games

The Uses and Abuses of History

By Margaret MacMillan

Dangerous Games

• Hardcover: Jul 2009,
    Paperback: Jul 2010,

There is 1 reader review for Dangerous Games

WIU College Student (11/15/10)

Frustrated!!!!!!
First of all, I would like for all persons reading this to understand my situation. I am an undeclared freshman in college. I am enrolled on basic classes. One particular class is Western civilization since 1648. For this class, "Dangerous Games" by by Margaret MacMillan is a book used in class. History does not stick in my head. History is boring to me. For the past few hours, I have been trying to bring myself to read this book. I cannot achieve it. I have to write a three page essay about this book and I am getting so frustrated to the point of not even wanting to be in college. As I attempt to read this book, I notice that in just about every paragraph includes a different event from history. I know nothing about history, therefore I do not understand what she is saying. Like I stated in the beginning, history does not stick and this book is breaking me down. I have made three phone calls. I stopped making the phone calls because I realized that this all starts with my reading of the book and I can not get into or understand this book. I hate it and I am very frustrated with it and more than likely will just give up!!!

• Book Jacket: The Promise