Reader reviews and comments on The Savage Garden, plus links to write your own review.

By Mark Mills

• Hardcover: May 2007,
    Paperback: May 2008,

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Savage Garden

Kimberley (12/16/09)

review
I thought it was very dull and boring. Adam almost bore me to tears! Along with every other character in this book. I was always waiting for something more exciting to happen, but it never did.
Anno (06/18/08)

Savage Garden
I was really enjoying the book till about halfway through then I just wanted it to move on the pace was so slow, it just got boring. I had guessed the killer early on and really wanted to be proved wrong as it was predictable. After reading the reviews I was really looking forward to a really good read but when I finished I just felt flat. It was a well write book on much a do about nothing.
Kim (01/12/08)

Wow! Everything a mystery should be
I picked up Savage Garden based on the reviews here on BookBrowse, and I'm delighted that I did. This is an uncommon and exceptional mystery novel. It's a bit different in that there really isn't any question as to who murdered whom. The book instead focuses on the "why" of the crimes. The characters are deep and well-drawn. The writing is quite good, heavy with references to literature and art. My only gripe is the inclusion of some very gratuitous (and rather dull) sex scenes that are jarringly unnecessary to the plot. (I'm not a prude. I'm fine with sex scenes. Their inclusion in this case simply felt awkward, contrived, and not particularly well done.) Aside from that, however, this is a wonderful book, and one that I'm very pleased to be able to recommend to my friends.
Liz M. (12/12/07)

The Savage Garden
I loved this book, I couldn't put it down. It was a mystery and a love story taking place in Italy. I highly recommend it.

• Book Jacket: Hyde
    by Carol Cassella

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

P Your O C