Reader reviews and comments on The Vampire Armand, plus links to write your own review.

The Vampire Armand

Sep 1999, 397 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for The Vampire Armand

noor

breath-taking
"The Vampire Armand" is my absolute favorite Anne Rice book. It is simply magical, touching, exciting, deep, wise, unforgettable. You can't help but fall in love with Armand, the forever young, beautiful and tragic hero of the story. Armand and his story swept me off my feet and took my breath away.

LOVE ANNE RICE!
Larious Valarian Zineheart

Greetings friends, i adore the books by Madam Ann Rice they are wonderfully detailed, the pictures that form in your head are amazing. keep up the good work my lady you are adored by many even the true damned ones like my self. V
Julieta

Well it's simply excellent. I would say it's my favourite one but there is Armand in Lestat too, and being the "bad guy" to make it better, so it's difficult to say. I like Anne Rice focusing in a specific moment, telling a single story and not crossovering (doest that word exist?) her stiores asshe does on Merrick, which left quite dissapointed to be honest. Anyway I think this is one of her best book mainly because she changes dramatically the narrative tone from an arrogant and vital Lestat to the gloomy and misterious Armand and finds the exact voice for the character, answering lots of questions about him and letting us know him better. about the sexual part, well I rather enjoy it and I think it'sso beautifully written that nobody could be offended. Anyway if you're homofobic don't read the book! and don't bother the ones who don't have any trouble with people' sexual choices...
I give this book a 5 over 5
Serenity Spencer

This has to be my favorite book out of the Vampire Chronicles. Armand's struggle is a harsh one, but shows the trued light on him and his ways.
Kayla S.

I think this book is excellent. Anne Rice descrbes everything very well and you can just about picture Armand as the story continues. This book attaches itself to you and when something happens within it, you feel it as if you were there. This book is, in my opinion, is good for people who like vampires, such as myself. This book is not really recommended for younger people, younger then myself (16), as there is some sexual content in it. I love this book and I highly recommend it.
victoria

"The Vampire Armand" is one of my favourite ones in the vampire chronicles. I love Anne Rices style of writing, the way she takes time to describe places like Venice and the paintings,and the inside of Marius`s house seems like a place I could spend a lifetime looking around. The love between Marius and Armand was beautiful and never vulgar (although quite erotic). I`m not gay by the way, but I couldn`t help just falling in love wiyh both of them. Towards the end of the book two new characters are brought in which I hope to read more about.
Guillermo

I think Anne Rice is one of the best writers of this time. She has a creative mind to write her novels and writes them to add suspense to the readers. When you read any of her books, you want to keep reading to find out what happens next. With The Vampire Armand, I read a lot and I was able to finish the book like in about a week and a half because there's so much suspense and kept me reading.
Bella

This book is one of the best installments of Anne Rices chronicle. It is described so deeply and you love Armand (even though he may not be alluring in earlier books).
Any gothic fan, horror fan or anne rice fan shoud read this book.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: All the Devils Are Here
    All the Devils Are Here
    by Louise Penny
    In Louise Penny's All the Devils Are Here, the 16th book in the Chief Inspector Armand Gamache ...
  • Book Jacket: A Girl is A Body of Water
    A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi
    First Impressions readers were fascinated by A Girl Is a Body of Water, a riveting and nuanced novel...
    Heaven, My Home
    by Attica Locke
    Attica Locke's 2017 novel Bluebird, Bluebird introduced us to Texas Ranger Darren Mathews, who ...
  • Book Jacket: Transcendent Kingdom
    Transcendent Kingdom
    by Yaa Gyasi
    Yaa Gyasi's (pronounced "yah jessie") Transcendent Kingdom is, among other things, a meditation on ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

The Shadow King
by Maaza Mengiste

An unforgettable epic shortlisted for the 2020 Booker Prize, and named a best book of the year by the New York Times.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C