Reader reviews and comments on The White Tiger, plus links to write your own review.

The White Tiger

Sarah Sacha Dollacker

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The White Tiger

VaMpIreLuVeR (05/17/11)

REALLY Worth IT
Wow. This book is simply amazing. It gave me a new view of India, and the conflict between the rich and the poor. :)
I highly recommend it!
jennie (01/29/09)

White Tiger
I enjoyed the book,it was thought provoking and at times unsettling,at others warm and humorous. How realistic an account it is of Indian society today I don't know. Certainly the most readable Booker prize winner I've read to date.
Ramakanth (11/21/08)

IT'S NOT WORTH A BOOKER PRIZE
It is very disappointing from a booker prize winner, the book has no information but only detail. The author just tried to increase the page count by describing a lizard, the paan 'spits'. There are many such descriptions in the book, which are really boring, disgusting and which don't add any value to the story.

Secondly, Arvind Adiga reinstated the trend of Indian booker prize winners just by bashing India more in this book. The story's narrator is highly pessimistic and he always points out the negatives of the Indian culture. He describes the characters in such a way that every Indian and every politician is corrupted and crooked. I did not like those sarcastic comments on Indians, Indian system and on Indian Leaders.

Moreover, the author did not take care of the sequences that occurred in the same time period. The author talks about Gavaskar, Azharuddin (who are veterans) - Bonded Labour - Slavery - Honda City, Cellphones, Traffic Jams in the same time period. This is a technical flaw that the author should have taken care of. Even a person without a brain never makes this blatant error while writing a book. The writer should have studied the today's typical Indian village properly. At least I advise him to learn it now so that he doesn't commit such mistakes in the future.

Finally, I can describe 'The White Tiger' as a book with very less information and more nonsense. It is not worth a Booker prize. I don't recommend one to go for this book. You can read if you want to waste Rs. 300 on it or if you have more time to waste, and if you don't like the books which educate you. If you read for 'time-pass' kind of thing, then yes, you can read 'The White Tiger By Arvind Adiga'. If you read something to learn something then please don't go for this book.
Mary (10/28/08)

OUTSTANDING
By far the BEST BOOK I have read in 2008. Extremely creative, at times funny, and a good luck at what it takes to be a "successful entrepreneur".
LOVED IT!

The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove